Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVA Waitlist  (Read 14184 times)

allthatjazz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UVA Waitlist
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2006, 01:17:41 PM »
I got a call on Friday and called back on Monday with an offer to attend UVa.

I took in my deposit yesterday since I live in C-ville and called Notre Dame today to let them know.

Congratulations on UVa!
What is history but a fable agreed upon?

UVa class of 09.

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2006, 09:57:08 PM »
After I was deferred I sent them another letter of reccomendation and updated my resume and sent a new transcript.  I didn't send anything after being waitlisted because I had no new information.

whitearbiter

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2006, 01:26:57 AM »
Heard from a friend who is going to be a 1L @ UVA to confirm that most if not all the waitlist movement is being drawn from high LSAT rolling out-of-staters.

Priority In-State is like getting second place complimentary fries when the first place prize was a million dollars. I guess it was nice of them to politely reject one of UVA's undergrad alums though.

I should bunker down and get ready for W&M. Or transfer. Hah. Snowball's chance in hell anyone?
Accepted: *W&M$$*, W&L, GWU, GMU, Richmond
Waitlisted: UVA
Rejected: Duke

3.59(3.65 final)/165

Achilles

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2006, 12:24:09 PM »
I was put on the waitlist and the status check changed to Decision today. Since I haven't received a call, does this mean I've been rejected ?!?  :(

steve112sms

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - steve112sms
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2006, 12:59:26 PM »
Heard from a friend who is going to be a 1L @ UVA to confirm that most if not all the waitlist movement is being drawn from high LSAT rolling out-of-staters.

I don't see why an incoming 1L would know anything about it. I got in off the waitlist with a high GPA/low LSAT out of state. 3.9/168 avg.

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2006, 02:17:18 PM »
I was put on the waitlist and the status check changed to Decision today. Since I haven't received a call, does this mean I've been rejected ?!?  :(

I also had a status change today.... I'm guessing we just got dinged...but maybe not. I'm general out of state waitlist.
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2006, 02:41:42 PM »
Hey you know what... maybe this is wishful thinking, but I did have a new call on my cell phone yesterday...

Would an adcomm leave a msg?
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

steve112sms

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - steve112sms
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2006, 02:47:05 PM »
Hey you know what... maybe this is wishful thinking, but I did have a new call on my cell phone yesterday...

Would an adcomm leave a msg?

Dean Trujillo left me a message when I didn't answer. The caller id was "unavailable" so it'd probably either be that or have a 434 area code.

Leshy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2006, 04:34:52 PM »
I have no status change, and no idea why they'd want to accept me... low lsat/high gpa out of stater.....

I don't see why an incoming 1L would know anything about it. I got in off the waitlist with a high GPA/low LSAT out of state. 3.9/168 avg.

Congrats on getting accepted to UVa off the waitlist.  Is that where you'll be attending?

supadupa

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2006, 04:13:53 PM »
Hey,

Just so you all know, I recently withdrew from UVa law...I hope this helps at least one of you get in.  Best of luck everyone!

s.d.