Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVA Waitlist  (Read 14248 times)

calibear

• View Profile
Re: UVA Waitlist
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2006, 12:02:18 PM »
Trujillo said they are solid on in-staters right now, so they'd most likely only be getting out-of-staters off the waitlist at this point.

I'm not surprised but that's a serious bummer.  :-\  General in-state waitlist = rejection

chickiepea

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2006, 12:21:07 PM »
Just as a funny aside... I have this and a couple of other conversations monitored so I get emails when new posts are added.  So, when I get emails with "UVA Waitlist" in the subject heading, I get a little mini-heart attack each time.  Sigh.

deucegammons

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2006, 01:56:23 PM »
From what I gather, calls started going out last Friday and continued into Tuesday or Wednesday.  Has there been any more activity that anyone is aware of since then?  For those who have received a call, how much time were you given to decide?  I'm trying to determine if more calls are on the way after that first wave and I'm craving information.  Probably no chance for me, but I'd give a testicle to go to UVA.  If there's anyone from UVA admissions monitoring this site, you can hold me to that.

na56

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2006, 02:15:59 PM »
Every one was given until friday (today) and next week Dean is going on vacation so you guys can relax for a week or two until he comes back.

chickiepea

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »
Every one was given until friday (today) and next week Dean is going on vacation so you guys can relax for a week or two until he comes back.

Is any one else entertained by the fact that we're obsessed enough by this process to know when the Dean takes his vacation? 

ljl3y

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2006, 02:46:59 PM »
 ;D
173/2.97
5 yrs WE NY Law Firm
Non-trad (2 sons)
C'ville-bound!

IN: VIRGINIA (off the WL)!!! Wisconsin($), W&L($), Fordham PT, Richmond($, w/d), UIUC($$, w/d), Cardozo($$, w/d), Miami (w/d), Hastings($, w/d)
OUT:Chicago, NYU, Columbia
WL: Michigan, Emory, Fordham FT, W&M, UT Austin, Vandy

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2006, 03:12:27 PM »
Obsessed, yet we still refer to him as 'Dean' despite the fact he doesn't hold that title? He is Director of admissions, not Dean of admissions. And a nice guy, too.
Penn (2007)

Pirate Pete

• LSD Obsessed
  • member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2006, 03:19:07 PM »
to people that got off the waitlist:  Did you get an email confirming that you've been accepted?  I got the call from Jason Trujilo, but he made it sound like I would be accepted when more people withdraw, but havent yet (he told me to send in the deposit check, which i did).  Anyway, i got the call on tuesday, but havent gotten an email, and according to the status checker on their website, the latest decision is waitlist.

When I got the phone call, it was phrased in this manner as well, but I figured, why would they ask for a deposit if it wasn't an offer?  When I called back to say "yes," I double checked just to make sure and it was, in fact, an offer.
fair like the sun that shines in my soul when you're near, emily
Wow, Em is genius!

Evo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2006, 03:49:33 PM »
When I got the phone call, it was phrased in this manner as well, but I figured, why would they ask for a deposit if it wasn't an offer?  When I called back to say "yes," I double checked just to make sure and it was, in fact, an offer.

I'm sure it is an offer... but i'll still feel better once i get my acceptance letter confirmation email.

btw, i got the call tuesday, and they received my check thursday (sent via ups), and still no email.
University of Virginia '09

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2006, 03:50:14 PM »
Obsessed, yet we still refer to him as 'Dean' despite the fact he doesn't hold that title? He is Director of admissions, not Dean of admissions. And a nice guy, too.

Now I feel stupid - I addressed him as Dean Trujillo in a letter of continued interest.  He wrote me back a nice letter anyway, which is especially nice of him, considering that my numbers make me a marginal candidate.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .