Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GWU March 24-25 Preview Weekend  (Read 1107 times)

PFKing15

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GWU March 24-25 Preview Weekend
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 11:35:13 PM »
I'll be there! -- Looking forward to meeting everyone, not looking forward to waking up at 6 to get there in time  ;)

So, how casual is the event - Jeans and polo? or a little more formal than that? Any thoughts?

Coincidentally the annual Cherry Blossom Festival will kick-off this weekend, so hopefully the weather will hold up... if you haven't seen the tidal basin at full bloom, check out the festival's website (http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org) -it's amazing.

Alirght, back to midterms...see ya Friday!

-DZ
In: GW, USC, Miami (24k), Villanova, Temple, American, Brooklyn, Santa Clara, Loyola,
Out: Michigan, Georgetown, UVA, Columbia, BC,  Boalt, UCLA   
Waitlisted: Fordham, Penn, W&L
No Word: Duke, Hastings

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 12:05:52 AM »
i'm thinkin jeans all the way!  :)
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

Sweet Tea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 01:41:54 AM »
What time does this thing get started Friday?

(Is there an actual agenda online anywhere??)
Attending The George Washington University School of Law, class of 2009 :)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=BenFolds5

FenwaySteve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 04:49:16 AM »
I'll be there, driving down with a guy I met at the NYC Reception last week. We leave at THREE AM friday, haha.

It says it starts at 830am on friday.

The agenda is on the portal site
165/3.34 (3.68 after first year's 2.7)

GW it is!

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 08:51:32 AM »
Yeah, as someone that currently resides in the DC metro, I recommend the cherry blossom festival, however, keep in mind it will be a ZOO in the district.  Absolute madness with crowds everywhere.  For those of us that live and work here that translates to irritation and bitterness haha.

A little tip: when riding escalators exiting the metro in DC stand to the RIGHT walk on the LEFT  ;D.
Attending GW in Fall '06

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 09:23:56 AM »
erapitt is right... there are body chutes on the left sides of the escalators for those that decide to block traffic on the escalator by standing on the left side.  you'll quickly get pushed into the chute and wind up in the incinerator. 
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 09:33:47 AM »
erapitt is right... there are body chutes on the left sides of the escalators for those that decide to block traffic on the escalator by standing on the left side.  you'll quickly get pushed into the chute and wind up in the incinerator. 

And rightfully so haha.  Those of you moving around during commuter hours will quickly see the dangers of commuting in the District.  Those of you from NY will also surely make comment on how clean the metro trains are compared to NYC.  However, they suck overall compared to NYC and they are clean because they will actually physically arrest you if caught with food or drink lol.
Attending GW in Fall '06

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 05:37:20 PM »
I'll be there, just on Friday, tho!  I'll be the chick in the black boots, tweed shorts, and white/black top.  Look for the large black purse and you'll find me!  Say hi!  ;D
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

FenwaySteve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 09:12:50 PM »
haha, if i knew what id be wearing id let you know lol. leaving in 5.5 hours, psyched.

should be a pretty sweet friday night out down there, i think there are a lot of people looking forward to it.

peace.
165/3.34 (3.68 after first year's 2.7)

GW it is!

andyg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 10:14:55 PM »
A little tip: when riding escalators exiting the metro in DC stand to the RIGHT walk on the LEFT  ;D.

That point above can not be emphasized enough.

See y'all tomorrow!
Georgetown 2009!