Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is this a no brainer?  (Read 813 times)

Sepatown

• View Profile
Re: Is this a no brainer?
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 12:38:07 PM »
What is your home country?

It says home "county." A county in Florida.

Aww c'mon, you edited didn't you?  :P
No, but if it makes you feel better, I lived in England for 2 years.

Sepatown

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 12:42:31 PM »
You might be able to get the same caliber job coming out of Akron, but it will almost def. be in Ohio....

I wouldn't discount Stetson so quicky, it is a good school with good placement, and if you want to return to Florida, it seems like the obvious choice.  If you want to go into public interest, look into whether Stetson has a LARP....
Funny how you use "discount" and "Stetson" in the same sentence. Their placement is on par with Akron and I would be able to return to FL with my Akron degree and compete for a PD job as mentioned earlier. PD's in Florida come from all over the country, just like it's general population.

Is public defender work considered public interest?

Sepatown

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 12:47:38 PM »
Thank you all for your input. I guess it was a no brainer. If only Stetson was a public school....but I do not think it would be in my best future financial interests to take out 150k-ish and expect to make 40k straight out of law school. Unless someone posts a verifiable horror story regarding Akron. Besides the fact that I am leaving the sunshine state to live in a city known for it's polymer.