Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Idaho, Montana and Wyoming  (Read 1085 times)

azstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Idaho, Montana and Wyoming
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 09:20:36 PM »
Montana has better skiing, so that's a plus ;)

I beg to differ...Jackson Hole is the best area in the US

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 09:22:09 PM »

Two words - Big Sky

azstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 09:24:57 PM »

Two words - Big Sky
4500 vert drop =/= jackson hole

jobrown7

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 10:09:35 PM »
I love to ski....but Jackson Hole is many hours (4+) from U of WY.....and Big Sky is 3+ hours from U of MT.
I know Missoula has a local resort (and great backcountry skiing) and Denver is less than 2 hours from WY (and Rocky Mountain National park is in between)

azstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 12:53:28 PM »
I love to ski....but Jackson Hole is many hours (4+) from U of WY.....and Big Sky is 3+ hours from U of MT.
I know Missoula has a local resort (and great backcountry skiing) and Denver is less than 2 hours from WY (and Rocky Mountain National park is in between)

THese schools should have satellite campuses

sofa king

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 01:00:14 PM »
I work in Jackson and live in Driggs, Idaho, just over Teton Pass. From my house it is 5 1/2 hours to Missoula and seven hours to Laramie. From my office it is about 6:15 to either one. Big Sky does kick ass, also, and Montana Snow Bowl is fun. I'd say Montana beats Wyoming in the proximity to great skiing category.

zzzz

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 01:20:55 PM »
I heard from Montana a few weeks ago (accepted). 

I'm really having a hard time deciding between my three options Syracuse, Gonzaga, and Montana.  I want to go to the best school possible and I also want to live in the rocky mountain region (preferably Colorado), but I realize that I may have to give a little here and there.  So, here's the deal: (1) Is Syracuse so much better than Gonzaga and Montana to warrant going East instead of going to a region that I really like? (2) If not, then between Gonzaga and Montana, which school will provide me with the best chance at getting a decent paying law firm job in the rocky mountaiin region (still waiting on CU and DU btw)?     

any guidance would be appreciated           

azstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 02:21:22 PM »
I heard from Montana a few weeks ago (accepted). 

I'm really having a hard time deciding between my three options Syracuse, Gonzaga, and Montana.  I want to go to the best school possible and I also want to live in the rocky mountain region (preferably Colorado), but I realize that I may have to give a little here and there.  So, here's the deal: (1) Is Syracuse so much better than Gonzaga and Montana to warrant going East instead of going to a region that I really like? (2) If not, then between Gonzaga and Montana, which school will provide me with the best chance at getting a decent paying law firm job in the rocky mountaiin region (still waiting on CU and DU btw)?     

any guidance would be appreciated           

neither school will be great for a rocky mtn job...Gonzaga will give you the option of having nearby mtns but you will be living in the PacNW

Monarch heels

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 05:39:28 AM »

And if you're really broke but still need to throw yourself off a cliff now and then, there's always Disco:  http://www.skidiscovery.com/