Law School Discussion

wait a year?

wait a year?
« on: March 21, 2006, 04:47:43 PM »
posting anon ...well, 'cus i want to  :P

having asked several admissions officers for their honest, candid assesment ...and well, just getting confused...i turn to my fellow applicants. let's play another round of that great parlor game 'what the fark would you do if you were me?'

I applied late in this cycle with:
UG degree GPA 3.9+ ('top public')
LSAC GPA ~3.3

had a misdiagnosed/untreated medical thing that screwed up an entire semester. so a failing semester might get converted into W's raising my LSAC GPA by ~.4 pts. But probably not in time to count for this cycle. an addendum explained this; the schools know that the ~.4 gpa points have nothing to do with my academic abilities and everything to do with a lack of universal health care in this country.

i realize ya'll don't work in admissions offices, but maybe you've run across one or two more candid folks than i have. think those .4 gpa points are going to kill me and i stand a substanitally better chance next cycle if papers get shuffled around bringing me up to a ~3.7? or do you believe schools will look deeper than the top number? and is whatever answer you give founded on anything in particular or a guess?