Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: since deposits are due in april, shouldnt you be hearing from all schools soon?  (Read 1085 times)

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
i have wondered the exact same thing. what is your obligation to a school once u have u have put down a seat deposit?
nothing...it just holds your seat...if you change your mind the keep the deposit (or refund part of it...depending on school)

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
i have wondered the exact same thing. what is your obligation to a school once u have u have put down a seat deposit?

From what I understand, (for most law schools) you are under no obligation to attend the school. But the seat deposit is lost if you decide not to attend (ie nonrefundable) but I think it goes towards tuition if you do attend.

Anyone know if this is the case?

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

From what I understand, (for most law schools) you are under no obligation to attend the school. But the seat deposit is lost if you decide not to attend (ie nonrefundable) but I think it goes towards tuition if you do attend.

Anyone know if this is the case?

yes

but some schools will refund parts of your deposit depending on school

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
ah pinky...MAY?!?! I have such a love hate for USD.
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
ah pinky...MAY?!?! I have such a love hate for USD.

I know! I couldn't believe it when she told me that.... :(

AtomicDog

• View Profile
Are most seat deposits about the same? 

BraveLAW

• We'll win again...some day
    • View Profile
So essentially schools can keep us waiting past the general deposit due dates and make us (if we so choose) put more money down towards them even AFTER we have paid them an initial fee? Or will they let us know before April 1? I have 6 (!!!) applications that are "under review" and I have a seat deposit due on the first of April for multiple schools....

BraveLAW

• We'll win again...some day
    • View Profile
by initial fee I mean the application fee

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
my answer as to "why" put down more than 1 deposit -
I am only going to be able to visit 1 school before the Apr 15th deadline.  I have a couple of visits planned in late April and I am worried about making a decision before seeing the schools.

makes sense in that case

i would sasy if possible, visit all the schools you can before the deposit deadlines and make a decision, especially if you are on the fence with 3 or more schools