Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: since deposits are due in april, shouldnt you be hearing from all schools soon?  (Read 1046 times)

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I have a deposit due on 4/15...but i havent even heard from 2 others...not even a waitlist or a deferral...nothing...

shouldnt they at least tell me something before april?

i'm going to send the deposit anyway because if they havent responded by now, odds are against me...and i applied in mid october....

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
I had the same question. Also, is anyone placing down more than one deposit?
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I had the same question. Also, is anyone placing down more than one deposit?

why would you place more than one deposit?  You might as well make the decision now...worst case scenario...if you get rejected by all the schools youre waiting for, which would you choose?

unless you are REALLY on the fence...make a decision now...youll have to make it soon anyway...no use in wasting money

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'll be putting down multiple deposits (2 to be exact).

The admissions counselor for USD told me to put down seat deposits at other schools because the majority of their decisions go out in May.....

I think there will be a slew of decisions after the seat deposit is due because schools will be able to see how much of their class is really full.

I'll bet many schools will wait til after the seat deposit deadlines to get back to us (inconsiderate of them, I know)...

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'll be putting down multiple deposits (2 to be exact).

The admissions counselor for USD told me to put down seat deposits at other schools because the majority of their decisions go out in May.....

I think there will be a slew of decisions after the seat deposit is due because schools will be able to see how much of their class is really full.

I'll bet many schools will wait til after the seat deposit deadlines to get back to us (inconsiderate of them, I know)...

true...they say this year is a very different year in terms of patterns...in fact i just got a waitlist from a school that said they are waiting to see how it will work out and they cant make a decision yet

so yeah i would expect that this cycle will be a shock to a few people (hopefully a good shock)

aufhebung

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I imagine that a lot of us will be making multiple deposits, which in turn will drag out the acceptance cycle even more... it's extra bad news for people stuck in WL limbo

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I imagine that a lot of us will be making multiple deposits, which in turn will drag out the acceptance cycle even more... it's extra bad news for people stuck in WL limbo

why though?  youre going to make the decision in a couple months anyway...why waste money and tie up seats?

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
This may be the dumbest question asked, but you're NOT bound to the school for putting in a seat deposit?
Vanderbilt 2010

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

why though?  youre going to make the decision in a couple months anyway...why waste money and tie up seats?

If you really really aren't sure, then it's ok to put down multiple seat deposits. It gives you more tome to think and weigh your options. Law school is super expensive and in the long run an extra $200-$300 gone to waste on a seat deposit is really meaningless.

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
i have wondered the exact same thing. what is your obligation to a school once u have u have put down a seat deposit?
Attending: OU