Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt 3/22 email...anybody get a decision?  (Read 8918 times)

Emolee

• Sr. Citizen
  • I believe there is a distance I have wandered
    • View Profile
Re: Boalt 3/22 email...anybody get a decision?
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2006, 05:23:55 PM »
boalt is so bizarre about whom they let in

today i met a girl who is very begrudingly going to stanford b/c she was rejected at boalt ....
wrestling over tiny matters: UCLA vs. Columbia

LSAT 173!  Thank you, God!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=emolee

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2006, 05:31:56 PM »
still heard nothing from boalt.  anyone else think this is odd?  at this point I am expecting a rejection/waitlist, but if all of the decisions have been made, i should have seen the letter by now.  anyone else heard nothing?  any hope still out there?

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&cycle=2&school_code=4833&status=0&sort=decision&order=d&application_type=0&program=1

As you can see, the only things sent out now are rejections and waitlists.  Boalt's final acceptance offers look to be made the third week of March, before spring break. 

Boalt is pretty much done with admits. from what I hear...
There's no homework in Law School

Deus Ex Machina

• Sr. Citizen
  • Magnus frater spectat te
    • View Profile
    • Take the Roger Water's Cynicism test!
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2006, 10:33:24 AM »
I find it hard to believe they are sitting on a bunch of rejection/waitlist decisions....anyway that's my delusion and I am sticking to it....When is their seat deposit deadline for the first round of acceptances...I am thinking there will be another round of admits once they have a better idea of the number of "crazy people" who opt not to go to Boalt  ;D
Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting 'All gods are bastards.'-T.Pratchett

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2006, 10:41:17 AM »
they don't require seat deposits. they instead make you sign this form and fax it or mail it over w/o any deposits.

Emolee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2006, 01:34:59 PM »
if everyone left was a ding, why not just send out the letters?  why wait?  (this is a serious question)

norcaldude

« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2006, 02:04:43 PM »
if everyone left was a ding, why not just send out the letters?  why wait?  (this is a serious question)

you'd have to ask Mr. Tom that question. 

but my friend applied two years ago with ZIPPO chance of getting in. 

I mean it, he had graduated from UCSD w/ a 3.6 in Poli Sci, one decent letter from a prof.  LSAT avg. below 160, with a high of 163.  He got rejected from Hastings that cycle before Edward sent him a nice letter (it took a trip to LSE, and another LSAT for him to make Hastings)...

It came only in late May.  I actually do think that they are in fact sitting on a pile of rejection letters.  I can only speculate as to why.

Looking at LSN for last year, the only T10 with any meaningful number of acceptances left up their sleeve is UPenn.  Why can't they stop torturing us and the rejections already?  GRRRR!

EDIT: Per poster below, just call if you want to know whether you're a ding or a WL. 

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2006, 02:08:19 PM »
if you're stressing just call...it's alot better than waiting

Emolee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2006, 02:30:25 PM »
I'm not really stressing b/c I really want to stay in LA and go to UCLA- if I leave I will go to Columbia, but it just seems logical to me that if I (or anyone) were a definite ding, they would just send the letter out.  there must be some deliberation or waiting for decisions by others going on.

those of you who called and were rejected/wl over the phone, have you gotten your letters yet?

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2006, 02:36:56 PM »
nope no letter yet. and i got rejected early last week.

pgcc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2006, 04:26:55 PM »
I say screw Boalt. They strug us along when they clearly did not have to. They can bite me, it is their loss if they don't accept me. I got a $20,000+ scholarship to BU so I am not going there anyway. However, I do not like the way they handled all of this. Going back to the fake e-mail they sent out I think they have been real jerks about the whole addmissions process. They are a good school but they are not H/S/Y. At this point I would not go there even if they matched BU's $20,000.