Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PROGRESS in IRAQ...  (Read 7354 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: PROGRESS in IRAQ...
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 01:50:16 AM »
busterfuched by the enigmatic vowel, "w."

Come on!  No one is calling him out for saying that "w" is a vowel?  That right there says all it needs to about his awesome grasp of the complex geopolitical situation, not to mention the English alphabet.

we've tried.

it's like talking to styrofoam.

we've tried to show how much of a nuisance you've been...you'll say that you haven't heard anything...and all we're asking you to do is read...you don't have to listen.

--psst...doesn't that guy/gal know that "w" is a vowel...and that it is a joke which irks the busterfern.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 12:33:43 AM »
kurds = turds

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 09:29:52 AM »
U.S. Leaders Recap Iraq's Progress in Years Since Saddam Hussein
No civil war in Iraq despite terrorists' desperate efforts, Cheney says

By Ralph Dannheisser and Peggy B. Hu
Washington File Staff Writers

Washington -- Iraq has not For more information on U.S. policies, see Iraq Update and Response to Terrorism.

A transcript of Cheney's interview on CBS is available on the White House Web site; a transcript of Casey's interview on CNN is available on the CNN Web site.

How many times have we been attacked since September 11?  Zero.
How many times has Al-Qaeda needed to attack us?  Zero.

We have rolled back liberties, racked up debt, screwed our children, and allowed ourselves to become receptive to a fundamendalist Christian leadership.

Even if there were progress in Iraq, how do you possibly justify the regression in our own country?  Answer: you surround yourself with people who agree with you, you filter out real information (by watching Fox News or reading neocon blogs), and you convince yourself that the people with whom you disagree are either hippies or idealists.  There are three kinds of people who vote Republican in the world: those who get suckered in by the "morality" that the Republican party promotes (although I don't see the morality in making it a matter of public policy that a woman's body is the government's body); those who don't have the time or desire to read up on what is happening in the country; and those who simply ignore the signs that our country is screwed.  The third are the absolute worst; they have the time and energy to realize what is going on, but if it conflicts with their preconceived notions about the way the world works, they shut it out.  These are the people who in a perfect world would not be allowed to breathe.  Bluewarrior is this type.

That is all I have to say about that.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

aye am an independent, firstly…and aye saw that a course of action with bob dole in charge a few years ago would have been a mistake...now...is he a republican?  is he a conservative?

aye have no party loyalties, you see?

al gore...howard dean...and john kerry were in my estimation weak choices as far as presidential offerings...in the perception illustrated by my friends and neighbors in queens it was generally conceded that gore...kerry...and dean...were ineffectual men...unclear in rhetoric and possessing mottled charismas clouded by an overwhelming air of weakness and small leadership stature...despite...yes, despite the fact that gore had been vice president...

for me...gore was just riding the smoke-screen of a good domestic president.
but gore was hardly clinton.

bush's rhetoric is a sledgehammer in comparison to their vacuum cleaners...tobacco pipes...and beer funnels...

and my point...since bush made his promise to seek out those terrorists and those who harbor terrorists and really truly proactively protect the citizens of the usa...aye repeat...not one hair of one american in america has been harmed since he made that comment.
there is no conservative refute for this and there is no liberal refute for this…it is simply, a fact.

face it...after the towers fell we needed an ASSKICKER and we got one...

so as an independent aye scoff in your "labelist" general direction...
get real...be progressive...not defeatist...get a plan...not a complaint...cheer for the kurds success...don't boo them...the cup is half full...
stop crying and get to work.  and believe me when aye say that hussein should have been taken out back when bush sr. was in power...

allow me to act like an ad-lib naysayer:  if we had taken hussein out the first time...before clinton and tenet dumbed up the cia and did not invite arabic speakers into the fold...there would be less dead americans...kurds...shiites.. .and sunnis than there are today...lets hope a few operatives in iran are more successful in their endeavors than the none which were in iraq.

as far as "rolled back liberties"...the nypd has been tapping lines for years...and they can track you by your cell phone ping...take a cryptology course or get used to it...

"racked up debt" is as valid as a blooming market on wall st...my portfolio is fine...we have been over 11 and have recovered with a new record from the smoke and ashes of the 911 crash

are you a shorteyed freak with guiding children...

empowered parents make education count with their children...if you are smart then guide them wisely...and they will be smart.

are you believing in fundamentalist christianity? really? aye thought that pat robertson and the 700club members were staunchly against going into iraq?
that doesn't sound like the leader of the country...now does it?

we are creating a friendship with the kurds and that is positive and many "crescenting global guerrillas" are going to iraq and dying in iraq...
they are NOT flying airplanes into buildings in north america...and killing innocent humans while they work, travel, and live.

and that, my "labelist" friend ;)... is a positive fact.

px.o.rsta
HNIC

another glass half-empty mentality perhaps accepts a glass half-full...that seems to have an end stop to it. :)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2006, 11:02:42 PM »
how this:  your head half full!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2006, 11:15:29 PM »
well, julie optimist, after all.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2006, 11:20:55 PM »
 :D :D :D

your protest too much...and no one is listening...

you busterfuchs are slow...how long did it take you to read this???

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2006, 11:25:07 PM »
you must produce quite echo.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2006, 11:30:07 PM »
and you are degenerative void. ;)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2006, 11:39:10 PM »
you got my point...good...hope you have learned something.

are you a slow reader?

keep studying.

then there was no point to your post above this post...as you have no refute...

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 12:05:29 AM »
This is an interesting post. Hope you folks don't mind my weighing in.

I think we are making progress in Iraq, but its of the "one step forward, two steps back" variety.  The fact is that Iraqi forces are stepping up to the defense of their country more and more every day, which is good.

As for the question of if Iraq is in the process of a civil war, I believe it is.  As Charles Krauthammer wrote this past Sunday, Iraq has been in a civil war since Dec 2004.  The Iraqi government is fighting the remaining baathists and their Al Qaeda allies.  This is why the death toll of Iraqis since Dec. 2004 has far exceeded American casualties.  It is unfortunate that Iraq is in the midst of a civil war, but hopefully their outcome will be similar to ours.

Here's the thing...whether you agree with the war or not, our military has done a splendid job over there and have given those people more of a chance at freedom and liberty than they ever had under the old regime.  Have there been mistakes made?  ABsolutely.  Only the most ardent Bush sycophant would argue otherwise.  However, if we look back into our own history, there are always mistakes made in war.  From the Revolutionary War to our present War on Terror, we have always made mistakes and miscalculations.  Hell, it took us more than 6 years to fix Germany and Japan and they had more to work with than Iraq did.  More to the point, the United States has been at this democracy thing for over 225 years and we don't even have it down perfectly.  To expect Iraq to be a fully functioning democratic country after three and change is naive at best.  Perhaps the Bush Administration should have downplayed expectations, but again hindsight is always 20/20.

Here's what I know, had Bush done nothing with regard to Iraq and they had launched an attack using WMD, there would have been a public outcry and demands for his head.  I would have lead that charge.  That is why I'm not as angry about the bad intel.  If we remember WWII, we not only went to war with Japan, who had bombed us at Pearl Harbor, but we also went to war against Germany and Italy, who hadn't done anything to us.  In fact, the New York Times from the late 1930s were vehemently opposed to us fighting the Nazis.  Ironic, isn't it.

Anyway, that's my speil for now. I look forward to the beating I'm sure to take.