Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Priority Waitlist??  (Read 345 times)

2b-lawyer

• View Profile
Priority Waitlist??
« on: March 21, 2006, 12:06:40 AM »
What does priority waitlist at UIUC mean? I sent my application on March 1st (one of last minute, it's a long shot, but why not apps), and they sen the letter on the 10th.

John Galt

Re: Priority Waitlist??
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 12:11:01 AM »
it means that if an admitted student withdraws, they'll take students from the priority waitlist before they take kids from the regular waitlist. Its a bit better than being on the regular waitlist; odds of eventually getting an offer of admission range from 0 - 100% at some schools. Typically, conventional wisdom suggests that if you got on the priority waitlist you probably won't get in, but worth keeping your name in the pot and not withdrawing if you really want to go.

2b-lawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 12:40:38 AM »
Is priority waitlist the same as regular waitlist (people who's numbers aren't as competitive), or do you think I got waitlisted because I applied too late?

John Galt

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:42:13 AM »
Is priority waitlist the same as regular waitlist (people who's numbers aren't as competitive), or do you think I got waitlisted because I applied too late?

No, its better than the regular waitlist. You likely would have gotten in had you applied earlier.

2b-lawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:56:41 AM »

No, its better than the regular waitlist. You likely would have gotten in had you applied earlier.

I guess it's speculative. It's just not fun to have to speculate.