Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Affirmative Action, How do you feel?  (Read 997 times)

zacharyl20

• Sr. Citizen
  • My dream SUV.
    • View Profile
Affirmative Action, How do you feel?
« on: March 20, 2006, 10:32:21 PM »
Hello all, I just wanted to know how everyone felt about economic AA? I recently became an opponent of race based AA. I posted my newly found opionion on BLSD and nearly everyone personally attacked me. I simply argued that race based AA benefits the upper class URM's. Many felt that my assertion was inaccurate. However, no one offered me a good counter-argument. No one told me why my argument was faux. It was somewhat sad, I take it that most of them are probably upper class URM's and felt that I was attacking them personally. FYI, I am a poor African American male. Here is the link to my post: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,57078.0.html. In addition to reading the link please tell me your opionion about economic AA. Thanks.

George Jefferson²

• Sr. Citizen
  • Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
Re: Affirmative Action, How do you feel?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 10:39:49 PM »
Hello all, I just wanted to know how everyone felt about economic AA? I recently became an opponent of race based AA. I posted my newly found opionion on BLSD and nearly everyone personally attacked me. I simply argued that race based AA benefits the upper class URM's. Many felt that my assertion was inaccurate. However, no one offered me a good counter-argument. No one told me why my argument was faux. It was somewhat sad, I take it that most of them are probably upper class URM's and felt that I was attacking them personally. FYI, I am a poor African American male. Here is the link to my post: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,57078.0.html. In addition to reading the link please tell me your opionion about economic AA. Thanks.

As the elected representative of the Black community, I applaud Red for trying to keep the AA threads to a minimum.The Black community is open to discussing AA—we came to this conclusion in our last meeting—but we do not want to be inundated with many threads saying the same exact thing; we do not take repetition lightly, and originality is welcome. I just got off the phone with the reps for the White, Asian, Indian, and various other communities, and while we do not agree on AA, Celine Dion, "Brangelina & TomKat," NCAA picks, Flavor of Love, and whether on not Jay-Z and Beyoncé are truly "Dangerously in Love," we agree about AA thread creation.

Thank you and goodnight.
Put 'em in yo mouth!

redemption

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 10:44:44 PM »
 :D :D :D

We need a Hall of Fame

John Galt

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 10:54:30 PM »
I wonder how AA would be able to answer your question?

zacharyl20

• Sr. Citizen
  • My dream SUV.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 11:19:26 PM »

???Umm John I am a little confused sorry.

zacharyl20

• Sr. Citizen
  • My dream SUV.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 11:20:20 PM »

As the elected representative of the Black community, I applaud Red for trying to keep the AA threads to a minimum.The Black community is open to discussing AA—we came to this conclusion in our last meeting—but we do not want to be inundated with many threads saying the same exact thing; we do not take repetition lightly, and originality is welcome. I just got off the phone with the reps for the White, Asian, Indian, and various other communities, and while we do not agree on AA, Celine Dion, "Brangelina & TomKat," NCAA picks, Flavor of Love, and whether on not Jay-Z and Beyoncé are truly "Dangerously in Love," we agree about AA thread creation.

Thank you and goodnight.

GET A LIFE, GO BACK TO BLSD

John Galt

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 11:22:17 PM »

???Umm John I am a little confused sorry.

I don't read posts, I just read topic titles. Seems as if you're asking affirmative action how it feels. I'm just messing around though, don't mind me. :P