Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FIU and St. Thomas Wait List  (Read 2250 times)

hopetogo

• View Profile
FIU and St. Thomas Wait List
« on: March 20, 2006, 04:11:20 PM »
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding time period it takes FIU or St. Thomas to notify someone that they've been admitted to the Fall class. I am very anxious to know mainly because I've already been accepted to Nova's AAMPLE program which starts up in early May. I do not want to put pressure on either of the schools, but at the same time, I would like to know something before May. Does anyone have any information or any advice regarding these wait lists? Could you please let me know either way or post any other information you'd recommend.

Thanks for taking the time to review my post. Hope to hear back from you all.

lawschoolmama

• View Profile
Re: FIU and St. Thomas Wait List
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 02:21:38 PM »
Last year I heard back by the end of March from St Thomas, but didn't hear from FIU until June - they have a later application date.

You can always call St Thomas and ask - they won't hold it against you.

davidnyc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »
I recently turned down my St Thomas acceptance, so hopefully you'll get it!

rsieg10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 10:27:17 AM »
I was waitlisted at St. Thomas and placed on hold at FIU.  St. Thomas called me Friday and offered me a position in their conditional summer program (only 3 weeks long), which costs $1,500 and would require me to be in the top 20% in order to matriculate in the fall.  Sounds a little too sketchy, so I don't think I'll accept.

Admissions at FIU said they "strive to make decision on held applicants by the end of April", but I believe it's really more like June.  However, I found out I got into my second choice (St. Louis Univ., and FIU is my first choice), so I called FIU and told them I had to pay a deposit at SLU by the first week of May.  They had me call back a week before the deposit is due, which happened to be yesterday. The lady I spoke with said they would make a decision on my file that day.  Turned out the boss was stuck in meetings all day and they couldn't get to it, but she assured me that they would be able to make a decision today.  So, keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Best of luck to everyone else!   

hillstaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 11:31:24 AM »
Good luck.  I hope you get into FIU...especially since I'm on the waitlist at SLU!  :)  I'm in at Nova too and waitlisted at Miami as well.

rsieg10

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 12:28:15 PM »
Thanks!  If FIU works out, maybe I can just give you my spot at SLU :)  Are you from the midwest or the Miami area?

hillstaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 12:56:57 PM »
I'll take that deal!  Ha Ha  Where I'm from in Kentucky, is only 2-3 hours to St. Louis.  Needless to say I grew up a Cards fan.  It would be sweet if I could get in.  Here's hoping...

rsieg10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 01:39:50 PM »
Interesting, I grew up a little west of Evansville, Indiana--we must be close to each other...?  And yes, I'm a Cards fan too :)  I hope you get into SLU!