Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Blowing off the last UG semester  (Read 885 times)

regional

• View Profile
    • Email
Blowing off the last UG semester
« on: March 20, 2006, 03:43:53 PM »
so i'm guessing everyone here is in the same boat i am in -- accepted and just biding our time in UG until we can do something worthwhile in law school.  so my question is -- i've completely blown off the last 12 hours of my UG -- happy with just passing with a strong D.  anyone feel this might not be a good idea?  it's not like law schools can take back an acceptance?

opinions please.
thanks.

flydog

Re: Blowing off the last UG semester
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 12:02:30 PM »
It demonstrates to prospective employers and schools that you have bad character and only accomplish good things when you have a reason to. Things that may seem trivial or meaningless right now tend to come back and haunt you 10-20 years down the road

YabbaDabbaDoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 12:05:23 PM »
I did it too, but it wasn't worth it. I got my first, and only UG C. It was my first C since 4th grade and to say the least, it didn't feel good, whether law school cared or not.  >:(

monet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 02:39:31 PM »
I am definately slacking this last semester. I am getting so absorbed in law school that I just need to get this "transient" major out of the way. Plus, whether I try or not, I seem to end up with Bs in EE anyway.
Washington & Lee -- 2009

sarmstrong806

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 02:54:05 PM »
I quit going to class about a month ago. Everything seems to be working out fine.

I can get away with it as I have an A, 2 B's and a C on my last 12 hours.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 05:37:42 PM »
Yeah, I'm slacking hard.  On top of all my classwork, but haven't even begun the senior thesis.  I'll likely still end up with As and Bs because I took BS classes in my major (what fourth year philosophy major is studying Applied Ethics?).  Thank goodness.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

regional

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 06:05:39 PM »
It demonstrates to prospective employers and schools that you have bad character and only accomplish good things when you have a reason to. Things that may seem trivial or meaningless right now tend to come back and haunt you 10-20 years down the road

do you have reason to believe that any UG transcripts would be used in a prospective job interview years down the line?  in addition, having said that, anyone know if your LSAT score is brought up during any interviews?  I would hope, and would think, that answer to both these questions is no.  Comments?

sarmstrong806

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 01:07:42 AM »

do you have reason to believe that any UG transcripts would be used in a prospective job interview years down the line?  in addition, having said that, anyone know if your LSAT score is brought up during any interviews?  I would hope, and would think, that answer to both these questions is no.  Comments?

I wouldn't want to work for anyone that cared about either of these. I think your school choice and class rank / grades are clear indicators that supercede data that is 3 to 7 years old.

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 08:28:52 AM »
1L jobs, sure...
Otherwise, I guess it's nice to say you graduated 'summa cum laude' from your undergrad, especially if you don't coif it up.

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 07:50:53 PM »
I did this and got 2 Fs and had to take summer school
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon