Law School Discussion

Rankings whores.

Erapitt

• View Profile
Re: Rankings whores.
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2006, 03:46:16 AM »
I thought you were attending bama?  Did you let the rankings whores get to you lol?

JamesD

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2006, 02:10:16 PM »
In the greatest of ironies... I may have to go to Duke over Tulane.  When I visited Duke, the deans were so impressive---- I spoke - at length - with two of the deans and the head of career services.  They are all so concerned about my interests, my goals, etc.  They all spoke with me for well over thirty minutes each.  They basically laid it out for me like, "You should come to Duke because you want to do X, Y, and Z... and we can help you do that because of 1,2,3".

JamesD

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2006, 02:51:13 PM »
Nah, not entirely.  Had the administration at Tulane really impressed me, and taken the time to speak with me individually, address my concerns, answer my questions, etc....  I would have been much more inclined to attend law school there.  I still think that Tulane is an excellent school and that New Orleans - right now - offers some amazing opportunities... I just felt that I got a very cold reception at Tulane... whereas Duke's faculty and administration were amazing.

whoisjohngalt

• "I go to Cornell... ever heard of it?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2006, 04:30:13 PM »
I totally agree with you.  I chose Alabama over Vanderbilt (among others.)  You're right; is it really the same for somebody who chooses Alabama over Vanderbilt as it is for somebody for whom Alabama is their "best" option?

It doesn't hurt that I visited Alabama and loved it.

Kind of ironic that you are now trying to take Vanderbilt over Alabama, eh? (see his LSN)