Do we have free will?

Yes
No
I am predestined to choose yes
I freely choose no

<<<[[ THOUNGE ]]>>> (Newbies Welcome) POll: Free Will

Thistle

• View Profile
Re: <<<[[ THOUNGE ]]>>> (Newbies Welcome) Poll: Paparazzi too hard on celebrities?
« Reply #11830 on: December 07, 2006, 10:27:33 AM »
this poll is flawed

thounge polls are, by definition, never flawed

the doctrine of stare decisis indicates otherwise.

annab

• I will not pay taxes for war, thank you very much
    • View Profile
Re: <<<[[ THOUNGE ]]>>> (Newbies Welcome) Poll: Paparazzi too hard on celebrit
« Reply #11831 on: December 07, 2006, 10:41:10 AM »
Yay!  A new Thounge poll!

Do you think celebrities should be allowed more legal protection from the paparazzi? Yes - poor, poor, rich and famous celebrities  1 (9.1%)
No - they live to satisfy my curiosity or I don’t care what happens to them or I like that it bothers them  10 (90.9%)

Double yay!  I'm the only 'yes' vote right now!

I'll join you in voting yes.  :)

Not that I have a whole lot of sympathy for celebrities in general, but because I support privacy rights.  :)

That's basically my reasoning, too.

It's the same reason why I oppose torture for terror suspects.  Because if you allow it for people who are not sympathetic victims, then you're opening the door to expand it later on.  :(

Thistle

• View Profile
Re: <<<[[ THOUNGE ]]>>> (Newbies Welcome) Poll: Paparazzi too hard on celebrities?
« Reply #11832 on: December 07, 2006, 10:53:55 AM »
Did you re-word the poll again?  :D

i think he re-worded it.  evidence to the contrary be damned

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: December 07, 2006, 11:11:45 AM »
I think there should be a different standard for musicians and artists than for movie stars.  Take Cobain, Chris Cornell, off the top of my head - they were successful because they loved their music.  They didn't want the fame.  When they got it, they often berated the paparazzi - and I don't fault them for it one bit.  And no, I do not extend this sympathy to Britney Spears, or other bubble-gum pop wonders who are clearly in it for the fame.

Actors, on the other hand, desire that people pay attention to them - their own ability to parrot lines that somebody else wrote.  I have no sympathy for them.

Mr. Pink

• @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11834 on: December 07, 2006, 12:48:23 PM »
I think there should be a different standard for musicians and artists than for movie stars.  Take Cobain, Chris Cornell, off the top of my head - they were successful because they loved their music.  They didn't want the fame.  When they got it, they often berated the paparazzi - and I don't fault them for it one bit.  And no, I do not extend this sympathy to Britney Spears, or other bubble-gum pop wonders who are clearly in it for the fame.

Actors, on the other hand, desire that people pay attention to them - their own ability to parrot lines that somebody else wrote.  I have no sympathy for them.

titcr

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #11835 on: December 07, 2006, 01:35:58 PM »
And no, I do not extend this sympathy to Britney Spears, or other bubble-gum pop wonders who are clearly in it for the fame.

thanks for reminding me of brits nasty twat pictures, that blue so kindly provided a link to.

ick.

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: December 07, 2006, 02:23:09 PM »
And no, I do not extend this sympathy to Britney Spears, or other bubble-gum pop wonders who are clearly in it for the fame.

thanks for reminding me of brits nasty twat pictures, that blue so kindly provided a link to.

ick.

That's why I don't read his threads.  Well, it's why I don't admit to reading them.  Er, I don't read them.  Nevermind.

Alamo

• View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: December 07, 2006, 04:38:26 PM »

That's pure bull.

Of course it is - that's my specialty!

LizPendens™

• The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: December 17, 2006, 11:43:37 PM »
i just did a google search on thounge and got, "Did you mean to search for: tongue?"

why yes, yes i did!

Re: THOU SHALT LOUNGE::::::::::::::(Thounge):::::::::::::::Poll: Do you own an i
« Reply #11839 on: December 18, 2006, 12:08:49 AM »
It took me at least four posts to realize red.. was not red.  What's going on?

red. = Thou

:o