Law School Discussion

anyone visit vandy? tell a new yorker what it is like please

the town drunk

anyone visit vandy? tell a new yorker what it is like please
« on: March 19, 2006, 12:06:05 PM »
I gotta know before I get a chance to go.

the town drunk

Re: anyone visit vandy? tell a new yorker what it is like please
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 01:47:38 PM »
Thanks for the comprehensive reply.  That was extremely helpful and made me want to visit even more.  Most of my family and friends have this bias against the South, which I inherited, but I'm kind of hopeful since I have only heard that Vandy is preppy, which is certainly better than a classroom full of cowboy hats to defeat the stereotypes I've been taught.  The fact that it is in a city is nice too, although I realize that nothing compares to NYC, Nashville might be livable. 

Anyone else?

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 03:17:48 PM »
I'm from a small town so to me Nashville was huge (although not NYC by any means).

However, it was not what I expected...the school was classy with preppy people...the town was not all country folk... I heard more rap than country, which was a surprise. I don't know where all you are considering, but it's def. worth a visit, IMO.

the town drunk

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 03:31:25 PM »
I'm from a small town so to me Nashville was huge (although not NYC by any means).

However, it was not what I expected...the school was classy with preppy people...the town was not all country folk... I heard more rap than country, which was a surprise. I don't know where all you are considering, but it's def. worth a visit, IMO.

What did you expect?  (Just curious, not knocking you at all)