Law School Discussion

"Nevermind, I'll reapply next year"?

"Nevermind, I'll reapply next year"?
« on: March 19, 2006, 05:08:18 AM »
Given how this admissions season is going so far, is anybody thinking about not going *anywhere* this fall and instead retaking the LSAT and reapplying for next fall?

The thought of going through this year again kills me, but I'm wondering if getting another shot at the top 5 is something worth striving for.

shaz

• University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: "Nevermind, I'll reapply next year"?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 05:21:03 AM »
another shot at top 5?  hahahahahahaha.  do you mean that you are in at chicago through gulc and somehow not satisfied?  get therapy and deal.  i hope you realize that top 10 at vandy to nd can probably transfer to harvard.  harvard is that big. 

redemption

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 06:24:52 AM »
If I don't get into my top choice, there's a reasonable chance that I'll delay and try again next year.

redemption

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 06:29:43 AM »
That's also true.

Mr. Pink

• @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 07:10:24 AM »
what's plan B

Terabithia

• Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 07:58:09 AM »
I was thinking of postponing and retaking the LSAT to get a chance at the top 14 but have no plans or idea's for anything to do with the year and have no idea if I would even get in on the next try and so most probably will just go to school this year.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 08:55:57 AM »
If I reapply next year, I'll probably also be applying to grad schools (plan C?).

SantiV

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »
I thought about it, mainly because I took the feb lsat and they just started reviewing my apps last week so:
1. I feel most of the spots are taken
2. Most of the scholarship money has been distributed

Which leads me to my questions-

a. Do schools give scholarships to students after the first semester of first year.  I say this because so far American my #1 choice didn't offer any money, is there a chance if I do well after 1 year they might offer me money?  I've heard American is kidn of stingy, but if I get into another decent school with no money, would I have a chance at getting some $$$ from them after my first year?

b. Say I do really well after a year at American, let's imagine top 10%.  Where would I be able to transfer with those numbers?  GW? USC?  I don't really know if I'd transfer but it'd be good to know how hight I'd be able to aim.

Thanks for any input, I'm sure I'll probably be attending this year instead of postponing, it makes sense as long as you got into a decent school.

SantiV

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 10:27:33 AM »
Lily,
Now that I think about it, what you say does make sense.  I'm sure the big bucks are used to attract people to the school.  Damn you USNWR! If I did really well I'm sure they'd give me a five hundred dollar merit scholarship or something. 

And thanks for the info on the girl you met, at least it lets me know that American->GULC is possible.  Hopefully some people will have a better idea of how successful my transfer attempt would be. During that process, do they focus on your LS grades, or are schools equally LSAT whores?

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 10:38:57 AM »
Lily,
Now that I think about it, what you say does make sense.  I'm sure the big bucks are used to attract people to the school.  Damn you USNWR! If I did really well I'm sure they'd give me a five hundred dollar merit scholarship or something. 

And thanks for the info on the girl you met, at least it lets me know that American->GULC is possible.  Hopefully some people will have a better idea of how successful my transfer attempt would be. During that process, do they focus on your LS grades, or are schools equally LSAT whores?

As far as I know, most schools do offer scholarships to 2Ls at the top. Otherwsie, they'll lose them to higher-ranked schools. So, end up at the top of your class and you'll have the wonderful choice: transfer up or take the free ride.