Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Answer Sheets  (Read 2222 times)

mdfed

• View Profile
Answer Sheets
« on: January 12, 2004, 03:02:55 PM »
What is the general concensus on filling in the cirlces on the answer sheet?  Do you fill them in answer for answer or to you wait and fill them in after a certain amount of questions?  This never occurred to me until I came to this board and now I'm worried that this in more important than I had originally thought.

jfbruin

• View Profile
Re: Answer Sheets
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 03:43:27 PM »
Sorry, but filling in all C's is awful advice.  Fill in each answer one by one.  If you are not sure on a problem, fill in your best guess and circle the problem in the test booklet.  If you have time at the end of the section go back and review.  If you run out of time before you've finished the section, choose ONE letter and fill in the remaining questions that you didn't get to.  This letter does not necessarily need to be C.  The trend for each letter is very even, although the letter D has a miniscule edge.  Filling in all C's to begin the test is an enormous waste of time and would take time away from answering each question.  Good luck!

sveldtbodydude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 02:51:13 PM »
Your answer sheet and test booklet are taken before you even get the writing sample.  You can't forfeit minutes from the writing sample to review answers...I suggest you fill in the answer sheet as you complete pages in the test booklet.

hookem law

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 04:02:45 PM »
Make cool designs on the answer sheet...for example, fill in A, B, C, D, D, C, B, A, and so on for a whole section.  There are other cool ones.  If you are real artistic, make a smiley-face out of the answers for all sections.  Then, instead of using the writing sample time to write a statement, fill in your real answers. 

Seriously, I did mine one page at a time.  For args, I did all the types of questions I found easiest in my first pass through the section, then did the tougher types on a second pass.  At this point, I would fill in answers page by page...so 4-5 at a time.  Finally, I did all the parallel reasoning questions, and filled in those, and for the easier types that I maybe just couldn't figure out, I filled in B for them all.  For games or Reading Comps, I just filled in a whole game or passage worth at a time.  Don't fill them all in as you go along....it takes up too much of your time that way.  And definitely go in with a 'guess' letter in mind.