Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse class of 2009  (Read 432 times)

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Syracuse class of 2009
« on: March 18, 2006, 09:47:05 PM »
So who else is going to Syracuse? I'm starting the apartment search now, and I'm wondering if people have any clue where they're going to be living, what neighborhoods are good/bad, etc. Is anyone considering living in a suburb, or do people want to be very close to campus? I'd love to be only five to ten minutes away from school, but after living in a city for the past two years I'd really love to live in the suburbs.

junkpunkcat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Syracuse class of 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 03:28:25 PM »
Hey Laurrk-
I will be the first person to reply..  i've talked to a 3rd year students at Syracuse about housing and he said that South part of cAmpus is not THAT great..its the north side thats really really awesome..but then ..grad students are not allowed to iive there..
I also heard that living on-campus is a bit more expensive..and you can find cheaper atps outside the school. 

and as for living int he subs..wouldnt it be more convenient for you to live closer to campus..i think 5 minutes drive or 10 minutes walk would be great

during undergrad..i really appreciated living close to campus (about 5 minutes walk).  I had a midterm at 9:00 for a history and what do u know..on test day..i woke up at 9:05.  It took me 5 minutes to get to campus and i was able to finish my test (b.c it only took me 5 minutes to go to school..as oppose to 25 for some). 

chonralda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 03:42:28 PM »
I've got a list of great places to live from orangehousing as well as the pdf from the 'admitted students' website on offcampus housing, from the perspective of students who have lived there. A previous thread talked about a visit to syracuse and he had looked into alot of these places, and decided newbury/newberry was the 'best' of all options. I personally will be taking a look at it when I am in syracuse 1st week of april for admitted student day. Anyone else going on the 7th?
University of Connecticut '09

IN: Miami, Syracuse ($$)
WL: Penn State, Maryland, Case
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chonralda

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 10:42:44 PM »
Can you post a link to that thread with the housing info? I can't seem to find it.

I won't be going on the 7th - unfortunately I'll be at work. And I need to save my vacation days for the apartment search.

chonralda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
University of Connecticut '09

IN: Miami, Syracuse ($$)
WL: Penn State, Maryland, Case
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chonralda

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 12:42:50 PM »