Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke - Waitlist  (Read 5623 times)

tttt

• View Profile
Re: Duke - Waitlist
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2006, 02:12:48 AM »
The waitlist appears to be moving. See LSN. *fingers crossed*

wclegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2006, 12:06:59 PM »
The waitlist appears to be moving. See LSN. *fingers crossed*

In off waitlist this morning per phone call from Dean Hoye.  I accepted the spot and will attend.  Best of luck to everyone else out there! 

slojo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
Congrats!!!  Had you previously received one of the phone calls from the admissions office gauging your interest?

wclegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2006, 02:18:42 PM »
Congrats!!!  Had you previously received one of the phone calls from the admissions office gauging your interest?

yes, yesterday. 

slojo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2006, 04:33:29 PM »
Another pulled off the WL on LSN today.

kapstone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2006, 05:45:25 PM »
Got a phone call saying I was in a group for final review, wanted to see if I was interested and had to email Dean Hoyes.  The woman said decisions would be made end of week.  Is this a procces for people who were accepted?  i responded ASAP to the dean.  I would be SO happy if I got in - im sort of giddy and unable to focus at work, but i also dont know what it means.  any insight is appreciated. 
Hopefully more Sam Seaborn than Richard Nixon....

slojo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2006, 09:39:35 AM »
Good for you.  Did you send in any additional information beyond your acceptance of waitlist status?  I'm curious about this 'final review'.  So there's a final review of waitlisted people?

I know Duke got my LoCI, so while the optimist in me thinks they woulnd't need to call me to confirm my interest, the pessimist in me knows they likely don't care at this point :(

wclegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2006, 01:00:42 PM »
Got a phone call saying I was in a group for final review, wanted to see if I was interested and had to email Dean Hoyes.  The woman said decisions would be made end of week.  Is this a procces for people who were accepted?  i responded ASAP to the dean.  I would be SO happy if I got in - im sort of giddy and unable to focus at work, but i also dont know what it means.  any insight is appreciated. 

this is the exact process by which i was admitted last week.  got the first call monday, the admit call tuesday morning.

unless you completely blew your e-mail, this is a VERY good sign. 

EDIT:  btw, shout out to a fellow west coaster.  i'll be at duke in the fall; hopefully i'll see you there. 

TheGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Seems simple enough...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2006, 10:43:12 AM »

I received the same call...Immediately fired off an email to Dean Hoye.  I asked if I could add anything to my application for the "final review", the admissions officer told me it wasn't necessary.  So I figure that's a good sign.  Don't want to get too excited though...

slojo

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2006, 11:47:37 AM »
I take it all you lucky ones (like those on LSN) are at least in the high 160's on the LSAT.

Can't understand why they'd bother to waitlist me with a 164 if they're filling the class with the high-scorers.