Law School Discussion

Duke - Waitlist

Re: Duke - Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 11:34:41 AM »
Got a call yesterday saying they were going to admit some people of the waitlist and that I was a potential candidate.  Called back and told them I wasn't interested.  So spots are opening up.  I hope all of you who really want off this waitlist get in! Good luck!!

slojo

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2006, 11:07:15 AM »
When did you get notified you were on the waitlist?  You told them you weren't interested, so presumably you didn't send anything additional in (e.g., LoCI) since being waitlisted?  Assuming you're going somewhere better, do you think yours was a yield-protect waitlist?

Anyone else get one of these calls?

(Feeling behind the curve afer receiving my waitlist letter just last Fri...)

Good luck to all!

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2006, 01:55:53 PM »
I got my letter shortly after Easter.  I don't remember the exact date, but I remember it arriving that week.  I don't have the letter with me or else I would tell you when it was dated.  I agree with your yield-ptotection theory.  If they had accepted me earlier on in the process I most likely would have attended the admitted students' day and then made a decision from there, but it is hard for me to commit to a school I have never visited.  I never sent anything additional. I didn't even respond to the waitlist letter.  Hopefully, this will open up a space for you.  Good luck!

bmw

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2006, 02:03:17 PM »
I got my letter shortly after Easter.  I don't remember the exact date, but I remember it arriving that week.  I don't have the letter with me or else I would tell you when it was dated.  I agree with your yield-ptotection theory.  If they had accepted me earlier on in the process I most likely would have attended the admitted students' day and then made a decision from there, but it is hard for me to commit to a school I have never visited.  I never sent anything additional. I didn't even respond to the waitlist letter.  Hopefully, this will open up a space for you.  Good luck!

Are you by any chance a joint degree applicant?

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »
nope

bmw

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2006, 09:08:54 AM »
A propos -- have any summer starters who were WL'd heard yet? 

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2006, 09:17:29 AM »
Nothing yet. I haven't seen any movement on LSN either- it doesn't look promising.

inthesun

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2006, 09:19:10 AM »
Do they give out a certain amount of slots to each program, or is everyone just lumped in one group? If they directly replace a person for the JD/LLM with another person going into that program, the competition may not be quite as fierce.

Agreed.  "Summer starters" seems to include all joint-degree candidates.  I can't imagine that JD/LLMs will be competing with JD/MAs. 

Not all of the joint degree people are summer starters. 

bmw

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2006, 10:17:53 AM »
I need closure.

joespecial

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2006, 10:29:41 AM »
My waitlist notification letter was dated 4/19/06, if that information helps anyone.