Law School Discussion

Duke - Waitlist

Re: Duke - Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 01:14:25 PM »
I too got waitlisted at Duke, after being deferred for EA. Promptly withdrew my application. Good luck to the rest of you.

tttt

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 10:01:50 AM »
I gave Duke a call the other day to see how things were going for summer start. It sounds like they are not expecting to call more than a few people, at the most, off the waitlist (for summer start).  :-[ About 40 people enter as summer start and there are like 50 people on the list. I really wanted to go to Duke, but I've just about given up hope on it. I fear my numbers are way to low to compete for a few slots.  :'(

bmw

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 10:58:41 AM »
I gave Duke a call the other day to see how things were going for summer start. It sounds like they are not expecting to call more than a few people, at the most, off the waitlist (for summer start).  :-[ About 40 people enter as summer start and there are like 50 people on the list. I really wanted to go to Duke, but I've just about given up hope on it. I fear my numbers are way to low to compete for a few slots.  :'(

Nice work.  What else did they say?  Have they called anyone yet?

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 11:19:36 AM »
Do they give out a certain amount of slots to each program, or is everyone just lumped in one group? If they directly replace a person for the JD/LLM with another person going into that program, the competition may not be quite as fierce.

bmw

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »
Do they give out a certain amount of slots to each program, or is everyone just lumped in one group? If they directly replace a person for the JD/LLM with another person going into that program, the competition may not be quite as fierce.

Agreed.  "Summer starters" seems to include all joint-degree candidates.  I can't imagine that JD/LLMs will be competing with JD/MAs. 

tttt

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »
They hadn't called anyone as of last week, Thursday. (I've been obsessively checking LSN and LSD and that seems consistant.) Good question, I forgot to ask about JD/LLM vs. other program summer starters. I didn't realize all joint degree programs were summer start ??? I can't imagine there is a minimum number of seats to fill for any of them, except maybe JD/LLM. On second thought, why would they need a minimum number of JD/LLM? They still have LLM students to fill the classes.

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 09:35:36 AM »
Add my name to the list...on two other WLs, so I figure whats the harm in a third.  As we all know, three is a magic number.

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 09:52:24 AM »
Shoot- I have 4. That must mean I have no chance.

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 01:51:37 PM »
Anyone know if they offer interviews for Wld students?

SFnative

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 06:50:50 AM »
Mail dated April 19th, offered spot on waitlist if respond by May 10th, wont respond