scared
« on: March 17, 2006, 11:43:33 PM »
I'm scared everyone is going to be smarter than me and I will flunk out.  :-\

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: scared
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 11:47:32 PM »
With decent numbers like yours why did you only apply to lower ranked schools?  You could have likely gotten into a handful of T20-25 schools and increased your chances of working in NYC (where you seem to want to be) after graduation.  Hofstra is a toilet and St. John's definately is nothing great either.
Attending GW in Fall '06

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 11:50:24 PM »
With decent numbers like yours why did you only apply to lower ranked schools?  You could have likely gotten into a handful of T20-25 schools and increased your chances of working in NYC (where you seem to want to be) after graduation.  Hofstra is a toilet and St. John's definately is nothing great either.

I didn't get in to Fordham so it's not like I had much hope for anywhere else in that range. 

SuzyQ06

• Sr. Citizen
  • I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 11:54:51 PM »
Wow...I love the encouragement on this thread.   >:(

Chevelle, don't worry.  Other students will be feeling the same way as you, at least the normal ones.  Law school is intimidating, but you can't let that get the best of you. You can do it!  If you couldn't, they wouldn't have let you in!!!

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 11:59:42 PM »
Wow...I love the encouragement on this thread.   >:(

Chevelle, don't worry.  Other students will be feeling the same way as you, at least the normal ones.  Law school is intimidating, but you can't let that get the best of you. You can do it!  If you couldn't, they wouldn't have let you in!!!

Haha...I hope you're right. I'm just really nervous lately about everything, and no one I know really understands.

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 12:14:06 AM »
I agree GJ; if the OP wanted NY, Cardozo and Brooklyn were at least worth a shot.

I probably should have applied to one of those. I'm not really sure why I didn't.

Too late now. Unless the op is willing to wait a cycle.

I think I'll just go with what I have now...and maybe transfer if by chance I do well enough  to do so.

I only noticed that after you pointed it out. She has a strong science GPA.

I got the impression schools don't care about majors at all really.

YabbaDabbaDoo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 04:13:54 AM »
Everyone has a sense of insecurity going into law school, you wouldn't be normal if you didn't.

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 04:45:35 PM »
I guess...I'm just pretty convinced I might not be smart enough for this.  :-\

jashdey

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 07:46:52 PM »
You'll be fine - there are a TON of morons who somehow make it through LS.   With your undergrad GPA/major (and subsequent acceptance to a PhD program), it's clear you're smarter than a moron. :D

Grunt

• "And what is good, Phaedrus? And what is not good
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 11:45:06 PM »
This is the panic phase.  I myself  just got over it .  It helped me to have talked with current law students who'd been throught it before they started.  They told me to just treat it like a phase and expect it to go away.  That's exactly what happened to me.  I'm back to just being excited.

Do some law school visits if you're able.  Talk to some 2L's if possible. 
UTAH LAW, soon to be CLASS OF 2009