Law School Discussion

Advice: Decisions/Waiting


Advice: Decisions/Waiting
« on: March 17, 2006, 11:16:28 AM »
I wondered what the rest of you were doing about this conundrum.

I have narrowed it down to two schools - CLS and Chicago.  I feel good about knowing I will go to one of the two if the road stops here.  But, I have been paralyzed in making any type of further decision by the schools still on the table.

I was hoping for input in two categories:

1. Is it reasonable to wait until I hear from H/S before I start asking myself hard questions and agonizing over things?
2. If not, where should I go?

Some background, if anyone wants to give me their 2 cents:
- I'd probably take H over the schools I've narrowed to, but Stanford is more of question mark, though I'd think strongly about it
- My impressions so far of the schools I'm in are: Chicago is a better school, with more clerkship opportunities, but I will work harder and its ever so slightly less well known. Columbia seems like more fun, not quite as 'good' in overall quality, but its in NYC, still amazing and its "Columbia"
- I would like to live in a large metro area (order of pref, not sure, though): NY, San Fran, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Denver

This is a fairly rambling request for input, but I am really having trouble thinking out my situation and making any choices or even asking myself the tough questions.