Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: cryptic message from lewis & clark  (Read 1043 times)

brooklyn

• View Profile
cryptic message from lewis & clark
« on: March 17, 2006, 01:32:50 AM »
edited: question related to receipt of admitted student material before official acceptance.

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
Re: cryptic message from lewis & clark
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 02:50:27 PM »
was it an acceptance??
It comes to this: Cleveland Marshall, Lewis & Clark
Waitlisted: Case

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 06:52:22 PM »
oh wow... I hope they do the same for me... I am inclined to tell you to turn it down and tell them to route it my way :) but I think that if you feel L & C is a better fit, and they are offering you $, I would take it, or ask for an extension. I know they are trying to finalize the class. They told me they are actively looking for scholarships to offer me and will get back to me soon, and extended my deadline to may 9th. I am a fan of L & C.... what is the other school you are feeling committed to, and what kind of law would you like to practice?

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:54:46 PM »
I was a big fan of L & C, but they didn't offer me anything last cycle and my LSAT was above their 75th percentile. 

If you do go there, make sure you kick them some donations to use for scholarship money in the future!

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 12:29:15 AM »
yes ma'am! I really hope they give me $... I would LOVE to attend there.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 12:47:33 AM »
l&c was one of my target schools.  i would have loved to attend, but sadly they did not give me a scholarship.  with a full ride from toledo in hand i can not, in anyway, rationalize 43k per year for a lovely location.  plus, i'm broke.  it's hard for me to make rent, let alone seat deposits. 

i'm a realist.  i realize that going to l&c is not goint to make me rich.  that's not my chief desire.  i would be satisfied with  a decent job in portland that allowed me to save for a houseboat.  no scholarship and 150k in law debt exiting into a tough portland market will leave me in worse financial shape that i am in today.  the thought of 30 years of top ramen comes to mind now when i look at my acceptance letter.  that is not a little frightening.  the funny thing is i would be willing to chance it if they would just give me something!  heck, anything.
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 12:51:17 PM »
Yeah, that is how I feel... if they even through a few thousand my way I'd be so desperately grateful. That would really help make up my mind, unless Case offered me money.