Law School Discussion

Bush legacy as dictator buster is solid...add Liberia to list!!!

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Liberian President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf has become one of the few women to address a joint sitting of the United States congress.

In a speech which was frequently interrupted by standing ovations, she said US aid was helping to restore peace to Liberia and West Africa.

She promised to make Liberia "America's success story in Africa."

Mrs Johnson-Sirleaf is due to meet President George W Bush next week.

http://news.africast.com/africastv/article.php?newsID=58150

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: Bush legacy as dictator buster is solid...add Liberia to list!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 11:07:10 PM »
this woman was remarkable and a very charismatic speaker...

nobody gonna comment...yeah?...right... ::)

DJ Shadowolf

• DJ Shadowolf- Mixing at JHOP Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 11:33:05 AM »
But that is just one country that was only founded due to the US. The other conflicts in west africa are still going on and have affect the US. In additon, he is messing up with many other dictators that affect our national security and economic structure.

Nigeria (5th largest oil provider), Coffee and Cocoa producer. The country is in a undeclared civil war.

Venezuela (4th largest oil provider) Supported taliban and allies with money/ equipment in 2002 and 2003. Tried to send troops to afganistan to fight us. Owns citgo gas (so when you go to citgo you support terrorism). Banned many american airlines from flying into country except american airline on limited bases. The dictator has seized anglo-american assets in country. Has nationalized many industries that american companies are involved.

Ivory Coast- The world's largest producer of Cocoa 45-55% of world's supply yearly.  The situation is similar to conflict diamonds. Secondary producer of coffee.
China and other asian countries- Has us by the balls due to currency peg and owning probably 60-67% of our T-Bill (your students loan are in this), T-Bonds/ Note (How we finance our goverment's activities). They are not buying as many as before as various reasons. One of the is based on what Iran is doing read below.

Iran- you know this one but do you know about this The Iranian Oil Board ( a copy of the NYMEX and ICE using the Euro instead of the dollar. This is the WMDs that we destroyed in Iraq. Because saddam was not accepting dollars for oil.  This is  beginning of end of the Petro-Dollar and the reason we were able to control the world's economy. Because to buy oil you had to change what ever currency they have to dollars. With another currency their is no reason to buy T-bills, T-Bonds, Eurodollars (Dollars held in europe), T-Notes, US Stocks, and other dollar based assets.

Congress messed this one up- Friendly mideastern countries. Due the port issue of the recent weeks these countries' reserve banks are selling their dollar reserves and divesting dollar based assets since blockage of the deal. Within the last week estimated near 1 trillion dollars have been pull out of dollar based assets.

This could destroy our country if all assets were pullout at once. For example, the House of Saudi is the biggest shareholder in Citigroup the largest bank in the US. This is big problem we have in country.

I have to sadly say that the democrat's isolationistic protectorism is not the anwner. If we going forward that plan in full it will be that of a nation and the beginning of a great depression that would make the 1930's look like a birthday party.

I am not saying that either side is the best method, but its somewhere in the middle.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 07:11:23 AM »
Ypu are dead on with your points man. This port thing is so stupid. Why are we repeatong history? Why dont we realize thatlast time we had a major isolationist policy we only hurt ourselves. (The real reason for the depression was not bank runs or stock market crashes. It was tariffs and ECONOMIC ISOLATIONIST POLICIES PASSED BY CONGRESS). I know they're countires out there we dont trust fine, but tat most mean we crawl in a hole from an economic standpoint. Im sure us conducting covert operations, trade dumping, coercng fre trade standards, and freezing random foreign citizens banks accounts isnt scaring anyone else off from the international market.

Also for everyones information, A REPUBLICAN congress just raised the national debt level 9 TRILLION DOLLARS. (Which is not what many republicans had in mind when they supported Bush). Now trade offests a negative trade balance due to T-Bills, the inherent value of the dollar and what not. The VALUE OF THE DOLLAR FALLS WHEN PEOPLE NO LONGER HOLD IT AS RESEVES IN CENTRAL BANKS. The Debt that people argue is an issue is whithout question an issue in a isolationist Nation where no one has interest in us succeding but us due to no economic interdepence.

If we keep this up were screwed.That is all.

petitschoque

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 06:05:24 PM »
God bless the woman.

If Liberia can become the African Japan thanks to American intervention, then all I have to say is that I'm going to redouble my prayers for real American intervention (as opposed to just exploitation) in Nigeria.

redemption

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 06:09:05 PM »
Did you read the article on Nigeria in The Atlantic Monthly?

petitschoque

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 06:42:01 PM »
I haven't read it.

But let me guess at the contents:

"New Election scandal in Nigerian government"

"Nigerian 419 scams achieve a new sophistication"

"Former Nigerian governor wanted for stealing billions"

"Nigeria tops list of world's most corrupt countries"

"New election scandal in Nigeria aids 419 scams as thieving governor is wanted for bringing Nigeria to the top of the world's most corrupt list"

Am I close?

:(

ETA: I missed a possible title:

"Ethnic/Religious clashes in Nigeria peak over cartoons drawn thousands of miles away by Europeans who couldn't give two shits about Africans if they were paid to"

Okay, there. I know it has to be one of these.

redemption

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 06:45:30 PM »
I haven't read it.

But let me guess at the contents:

"New Election scandal in Nigerian government"

"Nigerian 419 scams achieve a new sophistication"

"Former Nigerian governor wanted for stealing billions"

"Nigeria tops list of world's most corrupt countries"

"New election scandal in Nigeria aids 419 scams as thieving governor is wanted for bringing Nigeria to the top of the world's most corrupt list"

Am I close?

Nah. Everyone knows that about Naiga  :D

This one's about the chances of future US military intervention there. Title = "Worse than Iraq?"

petitschoque

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 06:48:40 PM »
Nah. Everyone knows that about Naiga  :D
True. It isn't news if it's already known ;)

This one's about the chances of future US military intervention there. Title = "Worse than Iraq?"
Oh wow, I need to get that article to my mom. It'll make her day.

Worse than Iraq my behind. All America has to do is funnel appropriate funds to key figures and Bush will receive an ovation as he strides triumphantly into his new colony.

I'm not even sure if I'm kidding anymore.

redemption

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 06:58:20 PM »
Someone needs to sort out Nigeria. Break it up into 3, or something.  ;)