Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Multiple LSATs for Admissions  (Read 377 times)

Neurotic

Multiple LSATs for Admissions
« on: March 16, 2006, 02:28:32 PM »
I know there is plenty of information regarding what schools say they do with multiple LSAT takers.  What I want to know is if anyone out there has conclusive proof of what actually matters for the USN&WR.  I mean, of course law schools don't care about rankings and would never choose to admit or deny someone based solely on the numbers, but I am just wondering for my own personal satisfaction.  So, if I scored a 160 and a 180 on the LSAT, how will my numbers actually impact the LS's 25th/75th percentile?  Can you prove with evidence?  I've heard so many different things and searched google so many times that I might go crazy.

BigRig

• Sr. Citizen
  • Detroit Basketball!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BTRig12
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple LSATs for Admissions
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 05:26:03 PM »
As I understand it the US News rankings adhere to the same principle as the ABA = a straight average, no matter the degree of improvement, which makes sense because the new April 1 rankings follow the recently released ABA data. I do not believe they'd transform these data in any way, they are purely inputs. 

Additionally, it has been my experience that a school will deny a candidate based on these numbers alone. I myself had a 12-point jump the second time around, a reasonable explanation, attended a top undergrad institution while taking a broad and range of challenging courses, and have significant and meaningful research and work experience. Thus far, however, I have found no luck with these schools placing more weight on the second score.  It definitely is a numbers game to these schools, which most certainly is a consequence of rankings.  The only truly subjective measure that will change that is, of course, minority status.
Attending FSU.Go Noles!!!