Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: hey warmongers, here what REAL patriotism look like  (Read 4936 times)

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: hey warmongers, here what REAL patriotism look like
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 05:06:53 PM »

um...tunafish?

uh oh.

It's okay, it was AMERICAN tuna...I even marinated it in crude oil and dried it off with Bible pages...

"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2006, 05:09:05 PM »
oh, ok.

can julie have other half?

redemption

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2006, 09:37:15 PM »

i wonder how much money she would cost.  i'm guessing a LOT.

Cheeky bugger  :D :D >:(

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2006, 09:08:28 AM »

um...tunafish?

uh oh.

It's okay, it was AMERICAN tuna...I even marinated it in crude oil and dried it off with Bible pages...

Old testament or New testament?
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

bennybm

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2006, 11:18:13 AM »

get a little older, pay some taxes, see the light, become a conservative.

i find it amusing whenever people assume that those who disagree with them are uninformed/immature instead of just accepting a different set of axioms or drawing a different set of conclusions from the available data.  shows a certain degree of conceit, i think.

SJW - I can see that, but lets not pretend that liberals don't assume that conservatives are rich, heartless, SUV driving gun toters. 

Donnie Jeffcoat
"Why do you hope that's not what I suggest?  Norway - 100% literacy, one of highest equalities of income in the world, higher GDP per capita than US, just more than half as many deaths per 1000 live births as the US (we rank behind Cuba).  You can't just chalk it up to a totally different mindset.  It's not as though we don't have the ability to adopt a more social capitalistic system if we wanted to.  We are the most powerful country on the planet, are we not?!"

Sounds great, except I have absolutely no interest in equality of income.  I am not going to school for years to come out making marginally more than high school drop outs.  As for live births. I defer completely.  That would be great.  I do not, however, want to have to wait for years to see a doctor for migraines or acute back pain because every person in the country has access to doctors, and doctors don't make much more than anyone else, so we have very few doctors.

If we can devise a better system, perhaps I will back it.  Until then, I cannot in good conscience get on board with a party (ideology) that seeks to reward the lazy and uneducated (not always the same group).

In - GSU, UGA
Out - UF
Withdrawn - Memphis, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mercer, Samford, FSU

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2006, 11:40:18 AM »
then you can be president.

Atheists can't win elections.

you right. but morons can, so there still hope for all of us--even, and especially, bluecoward.  (cowards obviously eligible, too, so he double-qualified.)

no hope for callow rattling crybaby males whose wives dictate every move, eh buster...

and you might want to ask your wife who she voted for...Bush is your president...thank her for voting republican...

you just don't have the balls to make it count at the ballot box.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »
from his web site:

Tom Harkin: Why I Fully Support Bush Censure

We have a President who likes to break things. He has broken the federal budget, running up $3 trillion in new debt. He has broken the Geneva Conventions, giving the green light to torture. He has repeatedly broken promises and broken faith with the American people. And now, worst of all, he has broken the law.

In brazen violation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), he ordered the National Security Agency to conduct warrantless wiretaps of American citizens. And, despite getting caught red-handed, he refuses to stop.

Let's be clear: No American and that must include the President is above the law. And if we fail to hold Bush to account, then he will be confirmed in his conviction that he can pick and choose among the laws he wants to obey. This is profoundly dangerous to our democracy.

So it is time for Congress to stand up and say enough! That's why, this week, Senator Russ Feingold proposed a resolution to censure George W. Bush for breaking the FISA law. And that's why I fully support this resolution of censure.

Nothing is more important to me than the security of our country. Of course, we need to be listening to the terrorists' conversations. And sometimes there is not time to get a warrant. That's why the FISA law allows the President, when necessary, to wiretap first, and obtain a warrant afterward. But that's not acceptable to this above-the-law President. He rejects the idea that he should have to obtain a warrant before or after wiretapping.

We have an out-of-control President whose arrogant and, now, illegal behavior is running our country into the ditch. It's time to rein him in. And a fine place to start is by passing this resolution of censure. I hope that Senator Feingold's measure will be brought to the floor. And when it is, I will proudly vote yes.

where was this interest when roosevelt...kennedy...johnson ...and nixon were running the show...these guys had the fbi in everything.

why the high-hat from feingold?
he is strutting and fretting his hour upon the stage with this one.

this will fizzle out and dust like j. edgar hoover's rotting corpse.

Even if we were actually trying to spread "freedom", which is a bogus excuse for an oil war, then we are doing a bad job.  It's as though there is just a finite amount of freedom in the world and we aren't so much spreading freedom as giving them ours.  The American ideal isn't getting destroyed by outside forces, it's being eaten alive from the inside.  I am not sure that in any other presidency since the Civil War we have teetered so close to oblivion.

And even if the freedom thing weren't happening, we are horrendously in debt.  I will be surprised if we don't have an economic collapse by my 35th birthday.

small moves my friend...don't get overwhelmed.
there was a time when you only got gas on a tuesday when you had an odd number on your license plate.

"spreading freedom" "democracy in the mideast" "female presidents in africa" "kurds empowered."

which of these are progress and which are hype?

once you can eliminate the bull...you start to sound like a person and not a choking ad-lib pointing at the "evil"...or a republican drawing the "illustrations".

wow...you so wise and stuff.

just realistic, experienced and iambic...
you think what you wish.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2006, 02:11:02 PM »
not you happy with what your taxes buying in iraq?  look at what we accomplish there.

hussein gone...kurds empowered...it is a beginning.
vietnam or korea were proportionately cheap in comparison to iraq...right, bluster?

you just crying because no one is doing what you are suggesting...and some good things have been accomplished.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2006, 11:02:47 PM »
from his web site:

We have a President who likes to break things. He has broken the federal budget, running up $3 trillion in new debt. He has broken the Geneva Conventions, giving the green light to torture. He has repeatedly broken promises and broken faith with the American people. And now, worst of all, he has broken the law.

In brazen violation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), he ordered the National Security Agency to conduct warrantless wiretaps of American citizens. And, despite getting caught red-handed, he refuses to stop.

Let's be clear: No American and that must include the President is above the law. And if we fail to hold Bush to account, then he will be confirmed in his conviction that he can pick and choose among the laws he wants to obey. This is profoundly dangerous to our democracy.

So it is time for Congress to stand up and say enough! That's why, this week, Senator Russ Feingold proposed a resolution to censure George W. Bush for breaking the FISA law. And that's why I fully support this resolution of censure.

Nothing is more important to me than the security of our country. Of course, we need to be listening to the terrorists' conversations. And sometimes there is not time to get a warrant. That's why the FISA law allows the President, when necessary, to wiretap first, and obtain a warrant afterward. But that's not acceptable to this above-the-law President. He rejects the idea that he should have to obtain a warrant before or after wiretapping.

We have an out-of-control President whose arrogant and, now, illegal behavior is running our country into the ditch. It's time to rein him in. And a fine place to start is by passing this resolution of censure. I hope that Senator Feingold's measure will be brought to the floor. And when it is, I will proudly vote yes.

where was this interest when roosevelt...kennedy...johnson ...and nixon were running the show...these guys had the fbi in everything.

Even if we were actually trying to spread "freedom", which is a bogus excuse for an oil war, then we are doing a bad job.  It's as though there is just a finite amount of freedom in the world and we aren't so much spreading freedom as giving them ours.  The American ideal isn't getting destroyed by outside forces, it's being eaten alive from the inside.  I am not sure that in any other presidency since the Civil War we have teetered so close to oblivion.

And even if the freedom thing weren't happening, we are horrendously in debt.  I will be surprised if we don't have an economic collapse by my 35th birthday.

there was a time when you only got gas on a tuesday when you had an odd number on your license plate.

"spreading freedom" "democracy in the mideast" "female presidents in africa" "kurds empowered."

once you can eliminate the bull...you start to sound like a person and not a choking ad-lib pointing at the "evil"...or a republican drawing the "illustrations".

first English post EVER, good job blue  :P
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2006, 11:20:50 PM »
from his web site:

first English post EVER, good job blue  :P

that's how we trini's do, man...hard *dap* to ya.
are you sure it is not in your understanding now? ;)