Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: application status  (Read 1180 times)

Mhowe

• View Profile
application status
« on: January 11, 2004, 09:48:16 PM »
Hey all,

This is my first time posting.  Thanks for the great web site.  My question is this- I got a letter saying that my application had been recieved by most of the schools to which I applied, and another saying that it was complete (LSAC info had arrived).  However from one of the schools (happens to be my first choice) I did not get notification that the LSAC file had arrived and that my file was complete.  The LSAC show that the file was sent out about 3.5 weeks ago.  Is it acceptable for me to call the admissions office and inquire as to the status of my file or is it best to wait?  The e-mail that they sent me when they got the application said to call if I had any questions but I am not sure that is the type of questions that they had in mind.  Thanks for any hints on what the common etiquite is on this.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: application status
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 03:14:40 PM »
I think it's appropriate to call if you're really worried about it.  The fact that you followed up on an application shouldn't have any effect on your admissions (unless it wasn't complete - in which case you'd want to know).  The person on the phone probably doesn't have anything to do with the decision anyway.

That said, you have two other options: (1) do nothing and assume / hope everything is cool; (2) ask here whether anyone else has recieved a "your application is complete" note from that school.  That could shed some light on the subject.