Law School Discussion

Brooklyn $$$

dizn

Brooklyn $$$
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:50:02 AM »
Hey folks,

I've started reading here that some Brooklyn admits have gotten scholarship money via email or mail... I haven't gotten any emails yet, and I'm starting to worry, especially since NYC is so expensive.

If I haven't heard yet, does that mean I'm not going to get any?  Do you need to send in your fin aid forms before they consider you?  My impression was that they give out scholarships not based on fin-aid needs.

Hahaha... it makes Case and they money they offered me more appealing.  If only Case was in a larger city!

dz

tulpen

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brooklyn $$$
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 03:12:07 PM »
Hi,

When were you accepted? I got a $$ offer a few days ago via regular mail. So I guess I got it about a week after I was accepted via email. BUT, I'm a URM so that could account for the quick turnaround. Anyway, sorry I can't offer any more useful information but good luck!

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 03:14:18 PM »
Call them. It's my understanding that most scholarship $$ has been awarded already. It's possible additional offers will be made as people turn down the initial round of offers.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 04:12:47 AM »
I haven't gotten an offer for money from Brooklyn either.  I guess we are either losers, or they are saving the best for last.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 08:19:48 AM »
My experience is that most of the $ is awarded based on merit, not financial aid. I don't think you need to have all of the fin aid info submitted to get offered $. I agree w/ the other poster that you should make a call (or visit) & see what you can squeeze out of them. There is definitely $ to be had.