Law School Discussion

'Nova taking forever, do I have a shot?

Re: 'Nova taking forever, do I have a shot?
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2006, 08:36:26 PM »
Good. Finally. *Crosses Fingers* If I got in to Nova my decision would be made.

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2006, 08:45:54 PM »
Good. Finally. *Crosses Fingers* If I got in to Nova my decision would be made.

Same here.

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2006, 08:57:16 PM »
Well. Hopefully we will both get some good news soon. ;D

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2006, 07:40:11 AM »
I went to the admitted students' event yesterday.  It was really informative and the school's environment/attitude is overwhelmingly friendly/welcoming/collegial/laid-back.  They make no bones that you'll be working hard, but that it is a positive place.  The impression I left with was that faculty and staff all definitely wanted to be there.  Nobody was settling -- and that was really a surprise to me for some reason.

FWIW, the law building is as bad as it has been described.

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2006, 01:47:27 PM »
I went to the admitted students' event yesterday.  It was really informative and the school's environment/attitude is overwhelmingly friendly/welcoming/collegial/laid-back.  They make no bones that you'll be working hard, but that it is a positive place.  The impression I left with was that faculty and staff all definitely wanted to be there.  Nobody was settling -- and that was really a surprise to me for some reason.

FWIW, the law building is as bad as it has been described.

Hey, great that you went! Can you tell me why you thought the building was bad? And is the LS housed in a single building? Is it part of the undergraduate campus? And if so, how is the undergraduate campus? Did you talk to anyone in career services...did you get a feel for where most ppl go for jobs (geographically)? I'm sure this would be hard to find out, but if you did, were there any students there who were on the lower end of the LSAT? Or students who came who still haven't heard? When I went to the Albany Law open house, I was surprised to see a lot of kids there that either were not admitted yet or were waitlisted. 

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2006, 01:59:54 PM »
Hey, great that you went! Can you tell me why you thought the building was bad? And is the LS housed in a single building? Is it part of the undergraduate campus? And if so, how is the undergraduate campus? Did you talk to anyone in career services...did you get a feel for where most ppl go for jobs (geographically)? I'm sure this would be hard to find out, but if you did, were there any students there who were on the lower end of the LSAT? Or students who came who still haven't heard? When I went to the Albany Law open house, I was surprised to see a lot of kids there that either were not admitted yet or were waitlisted. 

The building is older -- I think it was built in the 1950's and it is a lot like a typical high school.  The carpet isn't nice, it's a bit on the small side for everything that they are trying to contain there.  The whole school is that one building, including the library which is also in the building.  It is not incorporated to the undergrad campus, but next to it, and separated by the regional train line tracks.  The undergrad campus is very nice, however.

Most people get jobs in Pennsylvania.  The next largest markets were NJ, MD, NY, DE, and MA, not surprisingly.  Apparently 96% of the class of 2005 is now employed and that is across 15 states, with 17% going into clerkships, 60% into private practice, and the remainder going into public practice or business.

I did not know where the students fell on the LSAT or GPA range.  There was no discussion of that among anyone there.  Also, everyone there was already admitted.  If you have any other questions just let me know.

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2006, 06:40:05 PM »
I went to the Nova game today, I better get an admittance this week because it'd be fun to really root for them next weekend.

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2006, 10:55:01 AM »
I went to the Nova game today, I better get an admittance this week because it'd be fun to really root for them next weekend.

Turned out to be a hell of a game.  Little close at the end, I was real tense during the free throws in the last 15 or so seconds.

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2006, 10:36:36 PM »
Anyone hear anything lately?

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 08:43:07 AM »
I'm still waiting on a response from the assistant dean of admisions regarding scholarship monies.  I'm not expecting to get any becuse only 17% of students do, and I'd imagine it's people above their 75s for GPA/LSAT.  I'm not for either.  Nonetheless, a response would be nice.