Law School Discussion

'Nova taking forever, do I have a shot?

Re: 'Nova taking forever, do I have a shot?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 04:50:59 PM »
I emailed the Dean of Admissions today to see what is up with my app.  Haven't gotten a reply yet. 

I emailed him directly because, to be frank, I'm getting sick of calling the office of admissions and being told "your file is complete and pending review." That means nothing to me at this stage, so late in the cycle.  I want specifics.  I mailed my app back in November so yeah, they've already reviwed it (maybe a few times by now)...I just wanna know if I got in or not...plain and simple.

I emailed them yesterday about something.  No response.  It's been two business days, as well -- I emailed before 9:00 AM.  I'm sort of of the opinion that they should be more on the ball.  I recognize that this is their busy season -- but if you can't perform up to par right now, I mean, that's just not right -- people are trying to make big decisions here.

I told him specifically in the e mail that I have to submit deposits soon to my schools (which is true) and that some of these deposits are really expensive (which is also true, ex: 'Cuse deposit = $400).  You're right...they need to get on the ball big time.  This is ridiculous.  And the worst thing is that they don't update you at all.  Most of the schools I applied to sent e mails, letters and postcards regarding post-application stuff...such as a postcard letting me know my app was complete.  I have not heard a thing from them since I sent my app back in Nov.

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »
I told him specifically in the e mail that I have to submit deposits soon to my schools (which is true) and that some of these deposits are really expensive (which is also true, ex: 'Cuse deposit = $400).  You're right...they need to get on the ball big time.  This is ridiculous.  And the worst thing is that they don't update you at all.  Most of the schools I applied to sent e mails, letters and postcards regarding post-application stuff...such as a postcard letting me know my app was complete.  I have not heard a thing from them since I sent my app back in Nov.

For what it's worth, I was admitted within two weeks of applying.  That part was great.  But I think that for the prospect of someone paying $28k-30k a year -- that they can respond a bit faster.  They are the school with the early seat deposit, they should be giving out as much information as possible before that deadline so people can make an informed choice.  They already have my $75.00 -- do they really need to take $325 from me before I decide if I'm going or not?

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 06:29:46 PM »
Words can't describe how frustrated I am with waiting for a response. I've been complete since the first week in January, 3.44/159.

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 07:18:09 PM »
Words can't describe how frustrated I am with waiting for a response. I've been complete since the first week in January, 3.44/159.

I'm pretty shocked you haven't heard yet man.

NUBri

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 07:36:05 PM »
When I spoke with someone in the admissions office back in February, I was told that I probably wouldn't hear back til March at the earliest if not April.  My numbers are 159, 3.47 so they are right in the middle for Nova.  I assume I am a borderline case so they are waiting but it is frustrating, especially seeing people on LSN with similar numbers hear back.

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 07:43:37 PM »

For what it's worth, I was admitted within two weeks of applying.  That part was great.  But I think that for the prospect of someone paying $28k-30k a year -- that they can respond a bit faster.  They are the school with the early seat deposit, they should be giving out as much information as possible before that deadline so people can make an informed choice.  They already have my $75.00 -- do they really need to take $325 from me before I decide if I'm going or not?

Are you thinking about going there? And what are your thoughts about the school in general? I know a little bit about the school (they're ranked well above any of my admits so far) but I don't know a whole lot.

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 07:45:32 PM »
When I spoke with someone in the admissions office back in February, I was told that I probably wouldn't hear back til March at the earliest if not April.  My numbers are 159, 3.47 so they are right in the middle for Nova.  I assume I am a borderline case so they are waiting but it is frustrating, especially seeing people on LSN with similar numbers hear back.

And especially since deposits are due very soon. I'd like to go to Nova if I get in, but waiting this late in the process really sucks. Maybe I need to write another letter to Dean Palozzo lobbying my case for admission...

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 09:10:09 PM »

Are you thinking about going there? And what are your thoughts about the school in general? I know a little bit about the school (they're ranked well above any of my admits so far) but I don't know a whole lot.

i'm thinking quite seriously about going.  they are 10 minutes from my house.  but they are very expensive and i'd like to hear back about my financial aid concerns.  i'm visiting on saturday who knows what i will learn.  at this point, i just wish i could make a decision about what school to go to, and i'm having a serious problem with that.

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 09:26:40 PM »
Has anyone actually been able to talk to the Dean? Like I said I emailed him but haven't heard back.  Does he seem generous? I've talked to the deans at both Syracuse and UB and they were great.  Hope he is too.  I really freakin need to get into 'Nova. 

Does anyone know anything about the actual city (Kevdog)? And isn't it really close to Philly?

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 09:36:15 PM »
OMG I just realized this whole thing could get even worse...what if they waitlist me??? I mean if they haven't gotten back to me this late in the game then that does seem like a realistic possibility, especially since my numbers are on the bubble.  Or is it too late for them to waitlist? I mean I'm sure some of those people who were admitted months earlier have either sent in deposits or withdrawn...or should I not assume this?