Law School Discussion

Football and Law School

Re: Football and Law School
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 05:32:23 PM »
Oh yeah i also forgot to ask, who did Kansas beat?

mek17

• Get your guns up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - markk0120
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 08:44:17 PM »
Thanks for the info, guys. So is the best deal to just buy the discounted guest ticket for the wife, then have her come to the student section with me?

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »
What's the matter, frattie? Lone Star's not good enough for you?

Since you'll be all Southern, wouldn't you rather a pint of Kentucky Deluxe and a 20 oz. of Coke?

Do you really think we drank anything other than Heineken or Corona at SMU? C'mon dude <adjusting popped collar>... haha... kidding kidding. I guess a 40 of Schlitz will work.

And I'd prefer a pint of Rebel Yell with the Coke..

If Tech wins, I'll send you your choice and a clipping from the Hedges around my school's football stadium. Guess I better get to trimming the shrubs and shopping at the liquor store before Labor day weekend.

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 09:30:45 PM »
Oh.. and the last time Tech played SMU... the score was 6-3 at the half, 6-6 with 3:00 to go in the 3rd. And 27-14 Final with Tech scoring a late TD to run up the score. 2 years prior it was 24-14 with the score being 17-14 late in the 4th.

The one year Tech blew out SMU... SMU went 0-12. I think SMU will lose, but I don't think it'll get ugly early. New Tech QB's sometimes don't click until later in the season. I'm thinking a score around 28-17ish. Also, with Tech, they always win a game they shouldn't (OU in 2005), and lose a game they shouldn't (OKSt in '05, NMSU in '04)... on any given Saturday anything can happen. And the first game of the season is always good for an upset.

Tech's offense wasn't nearly as great in the 2005 run as it was in year's past (although I still believe it's gimmicky as you see what happens when they play real D's -- Alabama). They had inflated stats due to their OOC of: Indiana State, SHSU, and Florida International. Bama, one of the worst O's in the nation last year, outgained and outscored them in the Cotton Bowl. By 3? Yes... but Ole Miss lost to Bama by the same score and they're hardly a juggernaut since Eli left (Hotty Toddy nonetheless and God bless The Grove).

KU Football... come on man.. at least SMU has history, Heisman winners, an award named after one of their own (Doak Walker), and a legitimate excuse for their 15-year hiatus from fielding a decent team (the NCAA Death Penalty)... but the last time SMU and KU met on the grid-iron?

31-17 SMU, 2000. A year we went an impressive 3-9 and our coach got canned at the end of the season.

Go play you some basketball, football is played in the South and Texas.  8)