Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW Preview Days  (Read 719 times)

joespecial

GW Preview Days
« on: March 15, 2006, 11:42:46 PM »
I am going to the preview evening on Wed. 3/22 since I'm admitted to the evening program... anyone else?

• View Profile
Re: GW Preview Days
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 12:20:09 AM »
when you applied did you indicate that you wanted to be considered for full time day admission as well? (i don't remember if that option actually even exists...)

mikeredd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 09:34:30 PM »
I wonder why they told Preview Evening kids to wear business casual and Preview Weekend kids to wear casual.....What's the difference between casual and business casual anyways? Is casual like jeans and t-shirt?

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 11:12:25 AM »
I wonder why they told Preview Evening kids to wear business casual and Preview Weekend kids to wear casual.....What's the difference between casual and business casual anyways? Is casual like jeans and t-shirt?

i'm pretty sure casual includes jeans.

i hope i get to go on the 24th...i sent in my RSVP about 12 hours too late.  :(
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

RallyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 04:11:08 PM »
I am going to the preview evening on Wed. 3/22 since I'm admitted to the evening program... anyone else?

I won't be able to make it.

However, I will probably trip out there sometime before the deposit deadline (April 14th).

You'll have to let us know what you think. Just from what I can glean from their website, the facilities look pretty nice.

PFKing15

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 04:44:46 PM »
I think the PT session asks for business casual because most evening students will be coming from work wearing business casual.

Maybe the full-time session expects that students will want to go out later on and possibly stay the night... maybe they assume more people will be coming direct from college and so they've lowered the level of formality.     

I was at a reception for newly admitted students last week in DC and everyone showed up in suits, most of whom were PT students.

I know this doesn't really answer the question but it at least fuels the fire a bit...

I'll be in DC on the 24th, hope to see everyone else there too.
In: GW, USC, Miami (24k), Villanova, Temple, American, Brooklyn, Santa Clara, Loyola,
Out: Michigan, Georgetown, UVA, Columbia, BC,  Boalt, UCLA   
Waitlisted: Fordham, Penn, W&L
No Word: Duke, Hastings

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 09:19:08 AM »
woo!  i'm all set for the 24th.  i'm dipping out early, but i'll see you folks there for most of it!
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

thm2605

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 05:34:26 PM »
I'll be there for the weekend, although I got into the PT program.  I couldn't make the Evening Preview because of a test, so we'll see how that works out...

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 09:08:06 PM »
bump. hopefully someone will write a review
Attending: OU