;

Author Topic: Har  (Read 12166 times)

serpentstooth

• Sr. Citizen
  • c'est moi
    • View Profile
Re: Harvard Admit Weekend - April Crew!
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2006, 11:45:01 AM »

Is anyone else at this weekend not going to be above the drinking age?  Does anyone know whether they only card you at bars if you try to purchase something, or whether under-21s aren't allowed inside?

I am under 21 (and unfortuantely will be my entire 1L year) does this mean I will not be able to attend some the events? If so, I guess serpent and i can go out and get chocolate milk...

Sigh.  The torment of being underaged.

I did ask Toby during my phone interview whether he thought being younger than usual was a problem, and he said no...think that means that Harvard'll hook us up with fake IDs?   ;)
YLS 09

feedingthetoilet

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »
For those who attended the first admitted students weekend:

Will booze flow abundantly during the Sam Adams Brewery tour?  How about during the rest of admitted students weekend?  Will it be acceptable to be wasted the entire weekend?

EDIT:  Also, does Massachusetts/Cambridge have a zero-tolerance policy on drinking and driving?

JaimeNina

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2006, 03:15:44 PM »
Wow, already planning your drinking and driving--way to think ahead!! ::)

On a different note, is anyone going to miss the Saturday events? I am trying to decide between flying out from SF on a red-eye friday night so I can go to the first day of Stanford events, or flying out on Sat (to preserve my sanity) and missing the first day of Harvard stuff.

David

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2006, 03:47:39 PM »

Will booze flow abundantly during the Sam Adams Brewery tour?  How about during the rest of admitted students weekend?  Will it be acceptable to be wasted the entire weekend?

EDIT:  Also, does Massachusetts/Cambridge have a zero-tolerance policy on drinking and driving?

They didn't have the brewery tour for the March admit weekend. There will be booze available at all of the evening social events, and the Hark one is best as far as free drinks go. You probably don't want to be wasted during the daytime events, obviously. They'll have you guys doing tons of stuff- I was pretty tired by the end of it and skipped the mock class to explore Harvard Square.
HLS '09

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2006, 04:11:20 PM »

I live near Cambridge, so I'd really like you to assume they do.

feedingthetoilet

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2006, 07:14:29 PM »

They didn't have the brewery tour for the March admit weekend. There will be booze available at all of the evening social events, and the Hark one is best as far as free drinks go. You probably don't want to be wasted during the daytime events, obviously. They'll have you guys doing tons of stuff- I was pretty tired by the end of it and skipped the mock class to explore Harvard Square.

Thanks for the info.  I was leaning towards taking a cab to/from my hotel anyways...

David

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2006, 07:39:39 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I was leaning towards taking a cab to/from my hotel anyways...

I found riding the T to be the most convenient way of getting around. It stops running at midnight though.
HLS '09

Sebben+Sebben

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2006, 10:27:07 PM »
I've taken the Sam Adams tour. It's cool. There is drinking at the end, but not a ton.

Should be fun weekend!

fainana

• Sr. Citizen
  • :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2006, 10:48:49 PM »
Will people have others in tow? I'm bringing my husband to check out Boston with me. I haven't checked yet, but will that be a problem?

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2006, 02:16:30 PM »
Will people have others in tow? I'm bringing my husband to check out Boston with me. I haven't checked yet, but will that be a problem?

No.  I met a number of spouses and significant others of admits at the March one.