Law School Discussion

Har

JaimeNina

Re: Harvard Admit Weekend - April Crew!
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 09:36:22 PM »
1,500 mile jaunt here ;).

I'll see your 1,500 mile jaunt and raise you another 1,500: I'm coming from SF, but I wouldn't miss it!  Do we know if Harvard helps with a travel stipend? 

Also-is anyone else going to try and combine this with the NYU admit weekend?  If so, are you flying or training from nyc to cambridge?

corky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 09:39:01 PM »
1,500 mile jaunt here ;).

I'll see your 1,500 mile jaunt and raise you another 1,500: I'm coming from SF, but I wouldn't miss it!  Do we know if Harvard helps with a travel stipend? 

Also-is anyone else going to try and combine this with the NYU admit weekend?  If so, are you flying or training from nyc to cambridge?

Cheapest way to get between Boston and NYC is the greyhound, which is usually around $40 roundtrip. As far as I know, Harvard will help with travel provided that you've submitted financial aid and qualify for some sort of help.

JaimeNina

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 09:44:28 PM »
Thanks!

Hybrid Vigor

• prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 10:52:20 PM »
Cheapest way to get between Boston and NYC is the greyhound, which is usually around $40 roundtrip. As far as I know, Harvard will help with travel provided that you've submitted financial aid and qualify for some sort of help.

Chinatown buses are like $15 one way, I thought.

corky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 11:13:40 PM »

You're right. Greyhound currently has an online deal that's $14 one way, and the transaction cost is $2 or $3 so it comes out to the same. Greyhound is more convenient for me but I've heard good things about the Fung Wah bus.

alexdn

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 05:56:45 AM »

The Chinatown buses had some "incidents" last summer- they caught fire while driving on the Mass. turnpike! 

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/08/17/riders_flee_bus_fire_on_nyc_run/

I'd probably shell out the extra $$ for Greyhound. 

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 06:02:45 AM »

The Chinatown buses had some "incidents" last summer- they caught fire while driving on the Mass. turnpike! 

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/08/17/riders_flee_bus_fire_on_nyc_run/

I'd probably shell out the extra $$ for Greyhound. 

Yeah, I've also heard that there are delays moderately often.  The extra $5 was worth it to me.

And BTW, Pancho, I think I somehow managed not to have congratulated you so far, so, CONGRATS!  Maybe I'll get to meet you this fall.  ;D

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 10:39:56 AM »
I've taken Greyhound to NYC and back with generally good results. I've always heard the Chinatown bus is cheaper, but to be honest I just never took the time to figure out where/how to get it.

$15 for Greyhound round trip sounds like a really good deal - I usually have to pay more like $60-$80 roundtrip.  Then again, I go down to Philly and back, and I also tend to get tickets at the last minute.

Buzz619

• I am probably the youngest one in the Revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 12:08:01 PM »
I'll be there, hopefully still be able to make the Yo-Yo Ma concert I have tickets to on the 7th.

JaimeNina

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 01:52:53 PM »
I just booked my ticket! JetBlue from SF to NYC and then BOS to SF is still really cheap--$300 round trip! hth