harold: what happened to my car?
nph: i left some loves stains in the back seat

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=snobord99

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: poll: tulane v usd
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 01:09:55 PM »
I voted for Tulane.  It will give you more flexibility, and the opportunity to help in the rebuilding process will be amazing (and it will probably look good on your resume and distinguish you from people from the local schools)

But I am biased.

hmc7t8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 01:13:18 PM »
I had begun my first week of law school at Tulane University.  Then the hurricane hit.  The administration dealt with the problem horrendously.  At first they refused to let 1Lís visit and they absolutely refused to let 1Lís transfer. WHY???? Tulane's endowment is not as big as one might think.  300 plus staff of the Medical School were layed-off as years of research destroyed, and the engineering department of the undergraduate school was eliminated.  Tulane is not what it used to be.  It is struggling, along with New Orleans, to survive.  It might recover, I just don't know.  So getting a law degree from Tulane might not be the most advantageous in the LR.  I received a $20,000 per year scholarship from Tulane.  One of the hardest things I ever did was to walk away.  But ultimately I feel I made the right choice given the information I have.  So I guess what I am saying is I would pick the other school.  Hope this helps.  

JamesD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 10:59:08 PM »
If you want to work in CA, then I'd say USD.

If you want to work in the southeast, mid-atlantic, or NYC, then I'd say Tulane. 

Evenflow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 11:08:33 PM »
USD. Good school with an excellent faculty in a great city.

JamesD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 12:49:54 AM »
I think you have to look at being a judge as a more long term career goal.  You know what I mean?  If you want to work in CA, USD would be best.  If you go to Tulane because it has a stronger reputation, you may have a hard time finding a job in CA.