Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke Admitted Students Weekend - March 24-25  (Read 2032 times)

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Duke Admitted Students Weekend - March 24-25
« on: March 15, 2006, 12:29:07 AM »
Alright, who is going? 

I am.

StepUpT0theMike

Re: Duke Admitted Students Weekend - March 24-25
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 12:33:33 AM »
I'm planning on it although I have yet to book a flight.  It will be the last weekend before the research conference where I'm presenting my thesis, so I'm thinking I might want that time to prepare.  However, the more I think about it the more I realize that making sure I make the right decision about law school is much more important.  Anyone else flying out of JFK/Newark/LaGuardia?

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 12:58:50 AM »
I'm planning on it although I have yet to book a flight.  It will be the last weekend before the research conference where I'm presenting my thesis, so I'm thinking I might want that time to prepare.  However, the more I think about it the more I realize that making sure I make the right decision about law school is much more important.  Anyone else flying out of JFK/Newark/LaGuardia?

Don't fly LaGuardia - its a wretched airport.  I flew out of there when I went to UMich, horrible:

1) no parking, you have to go off airport which is annoying and stressful when you're in a hurry (also costs a fortune)

2) no monorail between terminals, have to take a dinky looking bus

Newark is kinda expensive (usually)

I'd go with JFK
HLS '09

StepUpT0theMike

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 01:35:02 AM »
I live in NYC and don't have a car so I'll be taking a cab/public transportation to whichever airport I fly out of, so relative convienence isn't really an issue for me.  I was just hoping someone would have already done some homework on flight prices so I could book accordingly.  I second your critique of LaGuardia, though I wouldn't hesitate to fly out of there if it saved me a considerable chunk of change.

Hybrid Vigor

• Sr. Citizen
  • prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 01:55:26 AM »
tag.
Die Luft der Freiheit weht

incognito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 07:21:38 AM »
I am, but I live in chapel hill.
Duke 2009

motheroftaurasi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Carol Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 09:19:02 AM »
I'm going only to the second day, because UVA's admit day is Friday. But I have to take every opportunity I can to get back down to Duke. Looks like the trees may be beginning to bud:

http://152.3.32.213/view/view.shtml

(I guess they're on spring break.)

magnumalv

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 09:23:33 AM »
they were beginning to when i visited about 2 weeks ago, so they should be beautiful right now

assembletheways

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 10:23:14 AM »
I will be attending the weekend as well.  8)

I would be willing to swap numbers, emails, and a pic through PM.  I did it when I went to Michigan with various people and that worked out well.

nolimit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 09:57:23 PM »
I'll be there too, and like the "If I had a dollar..." kid, I'll don't have much of a long way to travel from Chapel Hill.  The trees have all bloomed down here in the past week and it is beautiful right now.  If anyone wants to go out Friday night and see what a great time can be had in Chapel Hill, let me know!