Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Social Life in Law School...  (Read 3068 times)

AFever

• View Profile
    • Email
Social Life in Law School...
« on: March 14, 2006, 11:46:19 PM »
Essentially, is anyone else worried they're not going to find friends in law school? I'm moving away from a really awesome group of friends no matter where I go, and I'm totally one of those people who neeeeeeds a social life. I guess I'm hoping it'll be like the first year of undergrad where everyone is really open to meeting new people and its pretty much okay to revert to little-kid-like "Will you be my friend?" situations.

I just don't want to have no one to watch Project Runway with.  :-\

So...does everyone else have these fears or am I just a consumate loser?

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Social Life in Law School...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 11:48:43 PM »
OMG Project Runway *squeal*

(Sorry, I need sleep.)
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

FSUGeoff

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - FSUGeoff06
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 12:15:22 AM »
I think everyone has these fears. I知 extremely social so I知 not worried, as much as I知 hoping I find some compatible people to be friends with. Your fears are normal and shared by all, I think most schools are friendly places, and for the most part you値l meet some of the smartest and best friends you値l ever have.

AFever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 02:13:22 AM »
Should you end up at USC, I might just hold you to that.

(Unless you don't like America's Next Top Model...then we just can't be friends. :D )

mikedunson

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 10:37:39 AM »
I'm actually looking forward to meeting friends other than the ones I've grown up with my whole life.  I want to get out of this place and find friends that are more like me. 

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 10:44:59 AM »
i have a great group of friends at home but im really shy and   i dont know how i ended up with the friends i have! so i dont think i'm going to have good luck making new ones  >:( and i wish there was a law school in my city.

chillindave

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 12:15:53 PM »
I feel everyone here.  I have a million friends in Chicago and I'm leaving my entire life behind   :-\

It seems like people in the smaller schools on college campuses make friends really fast.  But in urban schools everyone lives all over the place and it's harder.

AFever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 01:30:53 PM »
I feel everyone here.  I have a million friends in Chicago and I'm leaving my entire life behind   :-\

It seems like people in the smaller schools on college campuses make friends really fast.  But in urban schools everyone lives all over the place and it's harder.

Yeah, I'm kind of worried about that, since it looks like I'm going to have to live at least 15 min. away from my school because of my boyfriend's job...then again, it is LA, and everyone drives everywhere, heh.

parisshilton

• Paris on Law School? "That's Hot"
    • View Profile
    • lawschoolnumbers
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 01:39:13 PM »
I wouldn't worry about making friends.  In high pressure situations such as law school, people band together naturally... What you should worry about is not finding a husband.  I was unable to find one in college so now I gotta find one in law school, otherwise I'll end up 30 years old, weather beaten and desperately searching internet websites for a mate. 

anyone else looking to get their MRS in law school along with their JD?  I'm going to be honest, the thought of finding a law student with a trust fund and getting knocked up in my first year has crossed my mind numerous times... each time it seems better and better.
HOT: Chapman, UOP, Pepperdine, Santa Clara
NOT:

I DUNNO: USD, UCD, UCH, GGU, USF, LMU

FSUGeoff

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - FSUGeoff06
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 03:03:16 PM »
I wouldn't worry about making friends.  In high pressure situations such as law school, people band together naturally... What you should worry about is not finding a husband.  I was unable to find one in college so now I gotta find one in law school, otherwise I'll end up 30 years old, weather beaten and desperately searching internet websites for a mate. 

anyone else looking to get their MRS in law school along with their JD?  I'm going to be honest, the thought of finding a law student with a trust fund and getting knocked up in my first year has crossed my mind numerous times... each time it seems better and better.

The questoin is are you hot enough for this plan to work?