Law School Discussion

New PLS Discussion Board

New PLS Discussion Board
« on: March 14, 2006, 08:51:17 PM »
Just wanted to let people know that Planet Law School has a new chat room (before there was a only a Yahoo group, which was a little much).  Some law school book authors post to the Yahoo group, so hopefully they'll migrate over to the chatroom to answer questions.   The best part is the Hypos section, if you're planning on doing the PLS prep stuff... which I'll get around to... eventually.  ;)

Anyway, it's here:
http://www.plsboard.com

Obviously only to supplement LSD!  This place is still #1, o' course... but when I check my "unread replies," and there ain't any, I have to find some way to waste time.    :)

ACK!

• RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
Re: New PLS Discussion Board
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 10:06:34 AM »
Thank you Legapp  :)

If only I could get on the ball with that book…

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:55:10 AM »
Thank you Legapp  :)

If only I could get on the ball with that book…

I know, same!  In my defense, I do work fulltime and take a class at night... I guess if I'm gonna do it, I'll have to do the crazy three-month plan. 

It DOES seem like it will be worthwhile... I don't want to be crazily gunnerish, but I know I will be disappointed in myself if I do poorly.  I'd like to avoid that feeling.  :)

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 11:28:45 AM »
could someone post a rough sketch of the "prep plan" in this book.  i would just like to see what it is without having to buy the book or read all of the negative cynical stuff that i've heard is in there.  i can't find the book in any book store either.
what's with the guy on that site who has a plan where he studies 72 hours a week in addition to class time, that can't be for real, how hard could this possibly be?

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 12:54:13 PM »
could someone post a rough sketch of the "prep plan" in this book.  i would just like to see what it is without having to buy the book or read all of the negative cynical stuff that i've heard is in there.  i can't find the book in any book store either.
what's with the guy on that site who has a plan where he studies 72 hours a week in addition to class time, that can't be for real, how hard could this possibly be?

Basically he says you should read the Examples & Explanations series for the following courses:
Torts
Civ Pro
Contracts
Constitutional Law
Property

For Criminal, he recommends Delaney's "Criminal Law Applied," in addition to Delaney's two books on legal reasoning and exams.  All three are available on www.johndelaneypub.com, sometimes on Amazon.

Additionally, he recommends reading "The ABCs of the UCC" articles 1 and 2, and using the LEEWS system to learn how to take exams.

Oh, and doing CALI lessons, which you can get through your school's law library.

Practice lots of hypos.

So, yeah.... it's a lot of work.  On the other hand, you'll need the primers when you're in school anyway, so no harm getting them early.  The PLS theory is that law school (specifically, the Socratic Method and the Case Method) won't teach you the law, but you'll be expected to know it on the exams.  So it helps to have a framework before you go to law school.

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 03:31:09 PM »
thanks a lot, that sounds like some good advice. 

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 12:52:38 AM »
Sort of empty...