Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UNC is screwing themselves!  (Read 577 times)

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UNC is screwing themselves!
« on: March 14, 2006, 04:36:14 PM »
UNC remains, more or less, the only school I haven't heard from (at this point, I have only been notified of my Duke rejection via cosmic mindwaves).

I probably won't go to UNC no matter what, but it's not totally off of my list, so I decided to call just to see where my application was at.  The lady on the phone told me that they haven't even looked at it!  Jeez.  I sent it to them in early December.  Seems to me like they are going to be losing plenty of good candidates simply because of their slowness. 

KitK

• View Profile
Re: UNC is screwing themselves!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 04:46:28 PM »
Woah. That's pretty bad. It makes me glad I decided not to apply there. Congrats on all your good acceptances, though.

LawyersGunnersnMoney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 06:03:07 PM »
UNC remains, more or less, the only school I haven't heard from (at this point, I have only been notified of my Duke rejection via cosmic mindwaves).

I probably won't go to UNC no matter what, but it's not totally off of my list, so I decided to call just to see where my application was at.  The lady on the phone told me that they haven't even looked at it!  Jeez.  I sent it to them in early December.  Seems to me like they are going to be losing plenty of good candidates simply because of their slowness. 

they have no reason to care

rontrose

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 06:35:36 PM »
Maybe they're starting to notify instate people.  I got my rejection letter today and it was dated 3/10. I'm not suprised because of my high lsat and horrible grades.   

mae8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 07:27:27 PM »
The numbers on LSN are revealing.
34 accepted, 166.2/3.72
4 rejected, 153.8/2.92
222 pending, 161.3/3.48

I can't help but think they're screwing themselves. Applicants with 166 will almost certainly have better options than UNC. People in that huge mass of pending files have profiles much closer to UNCs numbers and these are the ones who are actually seriously thinking about attending, but seat deposits for other schools are due in 2 weeks.
Emory '09

Sweet Tea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 01:38:33 AM »
Not only with just the acceptances -- those of us who are in want to know some financial aid information.

Anyone other than the Chancellor's scholarship folks gotten additional scholarships or an aid package from UNC?
Attending The George Washington University School of Law, class of 2009 :)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=BenFolds5