Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what to study on "vacation" from testmasters?  (Read 712 times)

toooldforthis

• View Profile
what to study on "vacation" from testmasters?
« on: July 30, 2004, 01:10:26 PM »
Hi,
i am currently in the Testmasters early summer course, studying to take the test in October. Unfortunately, something came up and I have to be out of the country for three weeks starting after lesson 8. I was able to work it out with TM to take the remaining classes when i come back, but I was wondering if you have any suggestions on what to study during the three weeks. I know that TM does not want us to study ahead... shall i just do some full tests from teh "official" books? Or woudl that be redundant since TM supposedly goes over EVERY question ever asked?

thanks very much

foxnewssucks

Re: what to study on "vacation" from testmasters?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 01:30:54 PM »
If I were you.. I would take some of the diagnostics that you can download online or I would work on the Logic Reasoning Odyssey book.

toooldforthis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 01:59:46 PM »
thanks for pointing me to that, i had no clue about such a book in the packet! (i thought they were all lessons)
my instructor never mentioned what we shoudl do with the book. is it just for doing on your own? or will i be "studying" ahead again?

i love this board

foxnewssucks

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 02:04:08 PM »
from what my instructor said.. It is just a lot of practice for us to do on our own.. the instuctor mentioned that we should start it around lesson 9-10 I believe.. so that should work for you.

LSATGuru

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 02:41:20 PM »
I took my Oddessey book and labeled each question as Type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc... (it's listed in the back what Question Type each question is) and then I do the Questions in there that we've done up to now.  I find that the 45 they give in the back of the homework just isn't enough--I can usually finish them in half an hour.
thanks for pointing me to that, i had no clue about such a book in the packet! (i thought they were all lessons)
my instructor never mentioned what we shoudl do with the book. is it just for doing on your own? or will i be "studying" ahead again?

i love this board