;

Author Topic: LSU.  (Read 426 times)

MustangAlum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
LSU.
« on: March 13, 2006, 07:05:20 PM »
Accepted at LSU today, letter dated 3/9/06. It came in a small, white envelope. I was waitlisted in January and then accepted, so they must be going to the waitlist now for those that were placed on that earlier.

2-1 in the SEC so far. Still no word from UTK or Ole Miss... but UTK has sent out waitlists and rejections as of late so maybe no news isn't bad news at this point.
SMU Undergraduate '05
Univ. of South Carolina Law '09

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSU.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 07:09:58 PM »
Hey congrats on LSU!  It is a really great school, and I really liked it when I visited - the campus/building is really nice, and the students seemed to really enjoy being at school there!

Are you leaning towards SC or LSU?  (Of course, when your Ole Miss acceptace comes in, it will all be irrelevent ;))

Congrats again!

somniferum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Papavar somniferum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 07:23:20 PM »
Congrats!

MustangAlum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 09:27:29 PM »
Hey congrats on LSU!  It is a really great school, and I really liked it when I visited - the campus/building is really nice, and the students seemed to really enjoy being at school there!

Are you leaning towards SC or LSU?  (Of course, when your Ole Miss acceptace comes in, it will all be irrelevent ;))

Congrats again!

I think USC. I am going to visit LSU. And we have some close family friends who went there, so I need to definitely go there with an open mind. My only concern is where I practice afterwards.

With USC, if I don't finish in the top 20% -- you are looking at a job in South Carolina. Not a bad place to work. At Ole Miss, you're looking at jobs in Memphis... also not bad if you can live in the Mud Hill area.

With LSU... you could wind up in Baton Rouge... which, while a great undergrad town, isn't really my style for working professionally. Also, the napolenoic code scares me. However, LSU does place extemely well in Houston. So if I start to get cold feet about leaving Texas long-term, LSU would be a great option.

But yes, it would be great if Ole Miss would just end this whole process for me... good things come to those that wait right? Haha.
SMU Undergraduate '05
Univ. of South Carolina Law '09