Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PENN Admit Weekend, March 24 - 26th - who's going? (plus reviews)  (Read 11457 times)

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: PENN Admit Weekend, March 24 - 26th - anyone else going?
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 09:03:36 PM »
I'm taking Thursday and Friday off of work -- so I'll be at the social -- I want to get as much of a feel for Philly as I can --- and we should all for sure hang out!

I signed up to stay with a student too -- I'm sure we'll hear this week or beginning of next.

Anyone taking the Amtrak from NYC?

I'm coming from NYC, but I'm not so fancy-- I'm taking the bus.  It's cheap!
I am officially a law school graduate : )

Laurenrae52

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »
I get way too bus-sick taking the bus -- and I'm getting a travel subsidy anyway -- the train is under 100 bucks...

I also love the train -- I only took it once to DC and fell in love with it.  I'm a dork, I know.
Harvard Law School, Class of 2009

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 12:07:29 PM »
I'm driving in on Thursday from Ohio, but I think instead of going to the social I'm going to do a preview on some apartment communities I'm looking at.

Has anybody in the mock class received the readings yet?  After four years out, I am a little out of practice on this school thing so I figured I'd better do the mock class over sitting through another lecture.

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 01:46:46 PM »
I'm driving in on Thursday from Ohio, but I think instead of going to the social I'm going to do a preview on some apartment communities I'm looking at.

Has anybody in the mock class received the readings yet?  After four years out, I am a little out of practice on this school thing so I figured I'd better do the mock class over sitting through another lecture.

Here's to being four years out!  Same here... although luckily, I get free classes where I work.  It was strange the first time I went back to a classroom (especially since I was older than everyone else).  But strange in a good way.  Work totally makes you appreciate school  ;)

So does everyone want to try to meet up and say hello at the breakfast on Friday?  I'll be getting there round about 9:50...

I am officially a law school graduate : )

jwilcox1024

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 07:56:07 PM »

Here's to being four years out!  Same here... although luckily, I get free classes where I work.  It was strange the first time I went back to a classroom (especially since I was older than everyone else).  But strange in a good way.  Work totally makes you appreciate school  ;)

So does everyone want to try to meet up and say hello at the breakfast on Friday?  I'll be getting there round about 9:50...

I would be up for that.
Goal: Penn, NYU, Duke, Michigan, Northwestern, Chicago
Pad Save: Columbia
Glove Save: Stanford

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jwilcox1024

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 07:58:31 PM »

sounds cool.

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 08:33:36 PM »
Sounds good to me too!

odaiko

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 09:59:18 PM »
A social is a social, so you may not care... but my ex-BF who lives in Philly almost snorted his 7-Up through his nose when I told him where they are taking us for the Thursday night social.

To quote him, "It was a sort of cool place to hang out... in high school." He also said you can only drink in a certain area of the place, which doesn't include the actual bowling alley.

Bowling with no beer?? Limited drinking area? High-schoolers? This all adds up to a big ol' "See ya on Friday morning!" for me.  :-*
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2009!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=agnetha

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 10:06:11 PM »
I live in philly and will not be at the penn event.  But I love penn law, and I've been to one of their mock classes (taught by professor Morse).  Pretty fun stuff.

Laurenrae52

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 09:34:24 AM »
I got the call, but didn't get to answer --- she left this really long sort of confusing voicemail.  Its a nice gesture though, to ask for our preferences.  Could I tell her, "fix me up with the hottest guy there please?" :-)
Harvard Law School, Class of 2009