Law School Discussion

PENN Admit Weekend, March 24 - 26th - who's going? (plus reviews)

Pythagoras

• ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
Re: PENN Admit Weekend, March 24 - 26th - anyone else going?
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 01:32:53 PM »
I'll be at Penn for the weekend as well.  Was there an email sent about the Thursday social?  When I RSVPed, it just said "Social Event" or something else vague like that.

Oh, and I'll be doing the mock class too. Anyone else feel inordinately excited about next week?  I'm practically hopping, jones-ing so bad!  :)

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 02:04:10 PM »
They've updated the agenda on the admitted students site...

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 03:10:46 PM »
They've updated the agenda on the admitted students site...

Hmmm, do you think we'll get free beer at the bowling thing?  If so, I am DEFINITELY taking an earlier bus!  ;D

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 04:58:22 PM »
How could they NOT give us free beer??

wunder

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 06:54:05 PM »
Did we have to specifically RSVP to the Thursday night thing?  "Free beer" sounds better than apartment hunting.

odaiko

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 07:18:53 PM »
Did we have to specifically RSVP to the Thursday night thing?  "Free beer" sounds better than apartment hunting.

There's stuff before the bowling thing that is probably more important RSVP-wise. You're paired up with a "student host" at 6:00 for a tour, and then you somehow get to the bowling place. The bowling thing is from 7:00 - 9:00 and I'm sure you could just show up (although it looks like dinner is included, so they may want an accurate head-count). It's all on the admitted student website, and it's one of the boxes you can check on the RSVP form.

wunder

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 07:30:39 PM »
so, I'm assuming jeans are ok for bowling? I mean, i can't imagine trying to be business casual for that.

You don't bowl in Armani?  ;)  I'm assuming, other than the bowling, that my khakis will get me through the weekend?  Or should I do jeans, or something more proper?  This is my first admit weekend.

odaiko

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 07:41:29 PM »
so, I'm assuming jeans are ok for bowling? I mean, i can't imagine trying to be business casual for that.

You don't bowl in Armani?  ;)  I'm assuming, other than the bowling, that my khakis will get me through the weekend?  Or should I do jeans, or something more proper?  This is my first admit weekend.

If Penn is anything like Michigan's admit weekend, don't spend more than two seconds thinking about what to wear. Jeans, t-shirts, ratty old hoodies... no holds barred. I wore khakis and a sweater one day at Michigan and I felt over-dressed. Not sure how much the east coast/Ivy League thing will change that, but I'm definitely leaving my shiny shoes and slacks at home for Penn.

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2006, 01:41:49 PM »
I'll be there.  I RSVP'd but didn't see anywhere to choose a group

kuokuo

• Bear Territory
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2006, 09:57:41 PM »
Ok, I just got my email from my "student host" and apparently she's hosting two of us...and only has one futon...and the only other option is the floor...YUCK!!!  i hate to be a princess but my floor sleeping days are over.  maybe i need to look into hotels...  did anyone else hear?

I used priceline and am paying 65 dollars a nite at the Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penns Landing.  All the hotels around the university are pretty expensive...and my friend told me just to stay in downtown...(where the Hyatt Regency is). He said getting to the University shouldn't be too hard.