Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Harvard Admit Weekend  (Read 10224 times)

David

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Harvard Admit Weekend
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2006, 08:21:43 PM »
Yup, then it definitely was you.  They didn't really have an answer, and a girl a row or two up said she knew someone who had taken it.  I wish I'd realized it at the time!

Yeah, they really didn't.  But I talked with that girl afterwards and she was very helpful.

haha, i think "that girl" was me...
small world...  ;) :D

Oh, I think I sat next to you briefly at the environmental table at the Dean's lunch... you were talking about how safe Cambridge is, yeah?

that was me.  :D for the most part, it *is* pretty safe here, especially close to campus and in the square.

Does your first name begin with C, by chance? I may have met you.
HLS '09

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2006, 12:38:45 AM »
Yup, then it definitely was you.  They didn't really have an answer, and a girl a row or two up said she knew someone who had taken it.  I wish I'd realized it at the time!

Yeah, they really didn't.  But I talked with that girl afterwards and she was very helpful.

Oh, I think I sat next to you briefly at the environmental table at the Dean's lunch... you were talking about how safe Cambridge is, yeah?

that was me.  :D for the most part, it *is* pretty safe here, especially close to campus and in the square.

Nope, her name does not start with a C.

fatcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2006, 09:30:05 AM »

nope, as bass said, my name doesn't start with a "C".
i'm actually sad that I didn't get to meet more people during the weekend. my thesis was due this thursday (so excited that it's done!) so i was in and out of the events cuz I was editing in my free moments.
i think i might try to crash the saturday social events of the second admit weekend since I'm on campus anyway.  :D that way maybe I can meet more of you!

swedishjellyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2006, 10:24:21 AM »
Hey, I've been lurking awhile too, but I figured after reading this that I had to post as well.  I was also at Diane Rosenfeld's table -- I think I sat to your right with an empty chair between us, Su - and I was the second to sit down.  Does that mean that all of us at the feminist table read this site?
I thought she was pretty awesome, and I definitely came away from the admit weekend much more impressed with Harvard and its student life and public interest opportunities -- but I still think I'll probably take the Hamilton at Columbia...

hi, everyone!

i've been lurking for a bit and decided to chime in.  su, we met at diane rosenfeld's table: i sat to her right and was the third to join.  i think i said something about being excited to be at the feminist's table when i first arrived, and i left early - in the middle of kagan' speech.  lacoste, i saw you a bunch of times and wanted to say wassup (especially since we were both rocking our collars up during the kagan q&a), but never did.  i asked the question just before yours, about whether HLS would ever alter its first-year curriculum.  and akattorney, i wish we could've hung out more!  i think we both enjoyed the BLSA conference and it would've been fun to hang out at the party with you.

i LOVED the weekend.  the negotiation workshop, the boston tour, BLSA stuff, chat-and-chews, meeting the kag-meister/t-stizzle...solid.       

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2006, 11:31:45 AM »
Hey, I've been lurking awhile too, but I figured after reading this that I had to post as well.  I was also at Diane Rosenfeld's table -- I think I sat to your right with an empty chair between us, Su - and I was the second to sit down.  Does that mean that all of us at the feminist table read this site?
I thought she was pretty awesome, and I definitely came away from the admit weekend much more impressed with Harvard and its student life and public interest opportunities -- but I still think I'll probably take the Hamilton at Columbia...

That is funny that all, or nearly all, of us are online.  I thought she was very neat, although I can't say I'm really with her on the prostitution thing; that's pretty much the feminist issue I feel most ambivilent about.

I'm starting to think that I'm leaning towards Harvard even if I do get the RTK at NYU.  But that has more to do with a location preference than anything else; in terms of actual education and job opportunities I'm feeling more and more like all the top schools are pretty similar, at least to the degree that it's possible to really know about it from this angle.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2006, 12:19:39 PM »

That is funny that all, or nearly all, of us are online.  I thought she was very neat, although I can't say I'm really with her on the prostitution thing; that's pretty much the feminist issue I feel most ambivilent about.

I'm starting to think that I'm leaning towards Harvard even if I do get the RTK at NYU.  But that has more to do with a location preference than anything else; in terms of actual education and job opportunities I'm feeling more and more like all the top schools are pretty similar, at least to the degree that it's possible to really know about it from this angle.

But if you get the RTK, you'd be able to live off-campus. :-\

I'd be able to live off campus at HLS too.  Actually it would be a lot easier at HLS.  At NYU I'd be a lot more likely to live on-campus; sad about the cat (she'd be fine and quite possibly happier at my parents', but I'd miss her), but I just don't see commuting from deep in Brooklyn every day working out.

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2006, 12:36:33 PM »
baff

bass, what's the name of the instrument that's like a guitar but it's...a sort of rectangular (technically has a pentagonal face but is mostly rectangular), and has a lot of strings (~10) and is plucked like a guitar? Reese Witherspoon plays one as June Carter in Walk the Line.
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

doooood

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2006, 01:08:26 PM »
Just looking through this thread to get impressions of H.  Yale, I think -- if you're talking about the part where she's "writing" Ring of Fire -- that you're talking about an autoharp.

Anyone know when the next Harvard admit weekend is?

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2006, 01:28:19 PM »
Just looking through this thread to get impressions of H.  Yale, I think -- if you're talking about the part where she's "writing" Ring of Fire -- that you're talking about an autoharp.

Anyone know when the next Harvard admit weekend is?

Apr 8-10.

Here is a thread for it:
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,56824.0.html

doooood

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »
Thanks a lot.