Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Harvard Admit Weekend  (Read 10177 times)

curly

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Harvard Admit Weekend
« on: March 12, 2006, 06:41:24 PM »
I haven't seen a thread about this yet, so here it is.

For those who are here, and for those who couldn't make it but want to know how it went, I think Su, Practiceboy, Bloomich, and myself are around. Look us up if you're on campus, PM us (or rather, me, I don't want to speak for all of them) with any questions.

So far it's been really great. Toby is very funny, very smart (with an amazing memory for detail), and very cool to hang out with. I know PB wanted everyone to know that Su, him and I sat down and had a drink with TStock at The Hark (along with a few other people). Or rather, we had drinks...I think TS just talked.

Also, Harvard's really big on the free food and drinks. And the admitted students are a good bunch (those I've met).

That's all for now.
Red's "The Official Crush of LSD" Award Recipient.

Also, "Hottest Roommate" Award. I'm now prestigious by association.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=lgirl

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
Re: Harvard Admit Weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 08:27:54 PM »
It's rather embarassing how many times I've heard "You're PRACTICEBOY!"

I also got a "YOU'RE practiceboy?!"

Anyway, I'd love to stay in touch with all of those who I've met this weekend, so if we haven't swapped info, PM me and let's do so.  Also, I know a lot of you are lurkers, so you might have to register to PM me  :P

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 12:25:17 AM »
Tag.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 01:14:45 AM »
I'm also around and plan to be at lunch tomorrow.  I may also give a couple tours depending on how much sleep I get.

akattorney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My numbers!!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 04:10:27 PM »
I had an insanely great time.  I'll be at HLS in the fall.  The students and administration were nice (which was a pleasant surprise).

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 06:49:22 PM »
BTW, Toby doesn't read these boards.  Yes, it was asked

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 09:45:12 PM »
So far it's been really great. Toby is very funny, very smart (with an amazing memory for detail), and very cool to hang out with. I know PB wanted everyone to know that Su, him and I sat down and had a drink with TStock at The Hark (along with a few other people). Or rather, we had drinks...I think TS just talked.

He had a beer.  JSIA.   :D  And his memory for detail is extraordinary. 

And overall, I have to say that the admit weekend really won me over in a number of ways.  I would never have thought I'd be considering turning down RTK if I got it for Harvard, but I am.  Hell, I honestly think if Yale called me tomorrow I'd need some time to think.

Weird....

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 09:55:30 PM »
I had a blast.  Also had the "Oh, so you're Lacoste!" moments.  I'm sold; definitely going.  Catch y'all in the fall if you decide to sign up as well!

lacoste
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 09:56:12 PM »
I failed at meeting anyone from this board (I did say hi to Su and David, but I didn't recognize him until he'd already walked away). It's funny, but when I was there all I was thinking was "wow, I want to be here." Then I got home and all I was thinking was "that was one day too many of propaganda." That said, I'm thinking of just not going to the Michigan weekend and sending in my deposit to HLS. The people seemed really cool, both those at the weekend and the current students.
HLS '09

John Galt

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 10:04:37 PM »

hahah, yeah. I remember going up to Lacoste and being like "Lacoste, hi I'm John Galt...." hahaha.

Anways, admit weekend was a blast. Lots of cool people, got to see some of my friends already at H. The BLSA was really helpful and I enjoyed the mock class. It helped that it wasn't extremely cold in Boston this weekend. The admitted students were really cool, and the current students seemed confident and chill. I like it. The library is awesome, the gym is decent, toby is tall, hastings is def the place to live, the coop had a great sale, cambridge reminds me of georgetown, and KSG is freaking amazing.

I didn't meet to many people from this board, but I knew a couple of posters in real life from other programs and it was cool seeing them again and catching up. I loved it!