Law School Discussion

Harvard Admit Weekend

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Harvard Admit Weekend
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2006, 08:17:16 PM »
Given Dean Kagan's argument that Harvard>Yale & Stanford because "bigger is better," has anyone asked her, what about Georgetown?

motheroftaurasi

• Go Carol Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2006, 08:35:04 PM »
Yeah, I think Harvard University has a general policy banning movie film crews from campus.  The shots of "Harvard" in other movies are thus similarly fake. 

Whereas Duke is happy to whore itself out to J. Crew, Dawson's Creek, and anti-discrimination-against-Islam commercials.

John Galt

« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2006, 08:36:42 PM »
dean kagan left me a voicemail today... incredibly nice... congratulating me... persuading me to come... offering to answer any questions...&c... harvard is certainly laying it on thick... we wonder where toby finds the time...but at least his job is dean of admissions... but the dean of the ls... where does she find the time... crazy... impressed

Yeah, I got the call today too. She's persuasive too!

David

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2006, 08:45:02 PM »
Wow, it's so awesome that Kagan is calling you guys. I wonder if she's only doing it for the ones they really really want? I got my HLS '09 shirt today, and I thought to myself, "Just like the messenger bag at admit weekend, one more thing that I feel reluctant to use because I'd feel sorta gunnerish." Haha. But I love getting mail from Harvard, and free stuff is always appreciated.

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2006, 08:59:28 PM »
Werd...I wonder what students she is calling -- certainly not all of us (read: not me).  But if she does call, I'll at least have conversation fodder.  I just found out that she and my college president sit on the Board of Directors for the Skadden Fellowship.  Hmmm....

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2006, 07:52:25 AM »
I am thinking about going to the April admit weekend. Hopefully it will be as fun as the March one sounds.  Can you guys recommend any good places to stay?

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2006, 10:21:57 AM »
Don't know about places to stay, but just know that the tour you go on pretty much determines the people you hang out with for the next day or so. So, choose wisely. (Sam Adam's Brewery Tour!!)

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2006, 10:26:09 AM »
Don't know about places to stay, but just know that the tour you go on pretty much determines the people you hang out with for the next day or so. So, choose wisely. (Sam Adam's Brewery Tour!!)

TITCR.  We were the cool kids.

Or, um, I think we were.  I'm not sure.  I've never been one of the cool kids before.   :D

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2006, 10:28:54 AM »
We were totally the cool kids. You know it. We brought the party. We were rockin'.

Or maybe we were just drunk. Either way, Sam Adams is the way to go.