Law School Discussion

Harvard Admit Weekend

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
Re: Harvard Admit Weekend
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2006, 06:17:47 AM »
Add me to the facebook crew.  I was the one who asked about the renovation of the Gropius Dorms during the Q&A with Dean Kagan.  I don't have my registration booklet with me, so I'll try to describe myself while remaining anonymous.  I'm sure my name is on the first page... the first few (my last name begins with an A); I'm from Texas and go to a TEXAS school......hth. ???

I asked the question about the HLS commitment to public service.  Damn, were the LSDers the only ones asking questions!?   ;D

Forget listening to the Dean's answers, I should have been paying attention to the people asking the questions.  :D I didn't ask any, but I did talk in Ogletree's class.

Now you've all got me racking my brain trying to figure out who's who.  I think I even might have been sitting next to Su at one of the panels and not realized it at the time...

:D  Which panel?

Maybe the con law/ pub law panel?  Something in austin west; I was sitting a few rows down from the back either right next to the aisle or maybe one seat in I think.

Yeah, that was probably me.

Now I'm trying to remember if I asked a question at that one or just meant to.

Actually, no I did, I asked about how hard it was to get into the Con Law Clinic they mentioned.

dw05

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2006, 06:22:41 AM »
Add me to the facebook crew.  I was the one who asked about the renovation of the Gropius Dorms during the Q&A with Dean Kagan.  I don't have my registration booklet with me, so I'll try to describe myself while remaining anonymous.  I'm sure my name is on the first page... the first few (my last name begins with an A); I'm from Texas and go to a TEXAS school......hth. ???

I asked the question about the HLS commitment to public service.  Damn, were the LSDers the only ones asking questions!?   ;D

Forget listening to the Dean's answers, I should have been paying attention to the people asking the questions.  :D I didn't ask any, but I did talk in Ogletree's class.

Now you've all got me racking my brain trying to figure out who's who.  I think I even might have been sitting next to Su at one of the panels and not realized it at the time...

:D  Which panel?

Maybe the con law/ pub law panel?  Something in austin west; I was sitting a few rows down from the back either right next to the aisle or maybe one seat in I think.

Yeah, that was probably me.

Now I'm trying to remember if I asked a question at that one or just meant to.

Actually, no I did, I asked about how hard it was to get into the Con Law Clinic they mentioned.

Yup, then it definitely was you.  They didn't really have an answer, and a girl a row or two up said she knew someone who had taken it.  I wish I'd realized it at the time!

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2006, 06:46:53 AM »
Yup, then it definitely was you.  They didn't really have an answer, and a girl a row or two up said she knew someone who had taken it.  I wish I'd realized it at the time!

Yeah, they really didn't.  But I talked with that girl afterwards and she was very helpful.

fatcat

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2006, 10:19:25 AM »

Yeah, they really didn't.  But I talked with that girl afterwards and she was very helpful.

haha, i think "that girl" was me...
small world...  ;) :D

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2006, 10:29:39 AM »

And you were very helpful.   :D  Thanks!

Kansas

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2006, 11:39:58 AM »

Oh, I think I sat next to you briefly at the environmental table at the Dean's lunch... you were talking about how safe Cambridge is, yeah?

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2006, 12:10:57 PM »
baff

« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2006, 12:49:06 PM »
hi, everyone!

i've been lurking for a bit and decided to chime in.  su, we met at diane rosenfeld's table: i sat to her right and was the third to join.  i think i said something about being excited to be at the feminist's table when i first arrived, and i left early - in the middle of kagan' speech.  lacoste, i saw you a bunch of times and wanted to say wassup (especially since we were both rocking our collars up during the kagan q&a), but never did.  i asked the question just before yours, about whether HLS would ever alter its first-year curriculum.  and akattorney, i wish we could've hung out more!  i think we both enjoyed the BLSA conference and it would've been fun to hang out at the party with you.

i LOVED the weekend.  the negotiation workshop, the boston tour, BLSA stuff, chat-and-chews, meeting the kag-meister/t-stizzle...solid.       

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2006, 12:59:35 PM »
hi, everyone!

i've been lurking for a bit and decided to chime in.  su, we met at diane rosenfeld's table: i sat to her right and was the third to join.  i think i said something about being excited to be at the feminist's table when i first arrived, and i left early - in the middle of kagan' speech.

:D  Welcome to the posting-side of the board. 

fatcat

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2006, 02:13:58 PM »

Oh, I think I sat next to you briefly at the environmental table at the Dean's lunch... you were talking about how safe Cambridge is, yeah?

that was me.  :D for the most part, it *is* pretty safe here, especially close to campus and in the square.